"Sweet Temptation" thoughts & suggestions pls

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited March 20, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ever stare into a plate full of sweets and all you see is tunnel vision?
Well thats the feel I was aiming for. Tell me what you think, suggestions, etc.
thnxthnx

donut.jpg

Comments

• dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    I like it! thumb.gifthumb The plate looks like it's floating in mid air. The dark vertical bars in the middle are a bit distracting though.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I have a sudden urge to go buy a dozen donuts. Mmmmm, dooonuuuts.......
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Hah yeah, to be honest I was able to fight temptation this time and not take a bite! But as I was finished taking this photo, my nieces and nephews around me were eager to grab a donut and feast all over the sugary goodness. I should have photographed that, but it did not look pretty. rolleyes1.gif

Anyway, the top is hard to remove, I used neutral density filters to create the 'zoom' effect. And the shutters in the back were all stationary and when zooming in, usually all the other lines would move however, the one in the middle wouldnt since its perpendicular to the subject I was shooting and it was right in the middle where it stayed in the same position with 'zoom' effect.

I'll try to use photoshop to lighten it.

But how do you guys feel about the bottom right hand side of the donuts, are they took dark to you?

Does it make you crave for some good ol' Krispy Kremes? mwink.gif
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    looks greatthumb.gif I like it as is

eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Wow...
    I'm in love... Like it a lot!clap.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Have you ever heard of Pavlov's dogs?:eat
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    I like it! I can certainly relate to having tunnel vision when it comes to sweets. I really like the concept!!! thumb.gif
    edited March 18, 2006
    Have you ever heard of Pavlov's dogs?:eat
    Hah, I didnt think of it that way. I'm sure all of the contestants and voters this week will be hungry as heck after going through all the submissions!

Thanks guys (and gals), I think I'm ready to punch my photo into the thread. But does anyone else have any thoughts or anything? Anything helps. clap.gif
  • AlonerAloner Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    But does anyone else have any thoughts or anything? Anything helps.

Get some of those for us to try? ne_nau.gif

Awsome shot, I can almost taste em'
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited March 18, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    But does anyone else have any thoughts or anything? Anything helps. clap.gif
    It is a neat shot. On my monitor, it appears to have a slight greenish cast. That doesn't bother me for the background, but I would try to correct the donuts a bit.

Cheers,
    edited March 18, 2006
    Alrighty I have it all fixed up now. I spruced up the colors a bit more so its more dramatic. You'll have to wait until the night before all the photos are due to see it though! Guaranteed going to wake your sweet tooth! Well not really but yeah!

hah, thanks again for everyone's input. I was going to submit it the way it looks up top. But after seeing it over and over and reading what people thought and stuff, I think I was able to make it look even better. Wish me luck! Gotta' get myself a win!! hah.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    Am I too late for a suggestion?
    I'd crop it in just a little tighter. In particular I didn't like the very top left, and I think some minor cropping will get rid of that light spot, and still give the floating feel to the image.
    edited March 19, 2006
    Alright I'll give it a quick crop too. I actually just cloned out that white spot on the corner but I'll cut it out just a little bit.

Can you guys notice that the plate is actually on a table? The sunlight lines on the table shows up enough to me that can show that it is on a table. I'm not sure if everyone here just sees it floating in midair rolleyes1.gif
  • dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    I think it's a wonderful shot! thumb.gif I about bailed on my blueberry muffin in search of some sweet tasty forbidden doughnuts.:D
    edited March 20, 2006
    NOO!! Server went down
    Well, my server went down recently for a few hours, its back up now but it went out during the challenge's hour of judgement thus my entry was disqualified. I wish they could still do something about it but everyoen on here are very strict on rules & conduct. Next time I'll upload it through here AND link it off site. Talk about bad luck ;( Oh well thats life. I did include what I was going to turn in right here, I think it looks much better than the first one I posted. Thanks for everyone's help though, I'll try again for the next challenge thumb.gif