Whats for dinner?

§imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
edited March 20, 2006 in Holy Macro
Something most people dont see, or even think about how what they purchase for dinner arrives @ supermarkets or @ your local butchers. All they see is the end results, all ready cut into what ever cut of meat, all you have to do is cook, eat & enjoy.

Welcome C & C.

lambs.JPG
Simone

Canon 350D
Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens
Canon 75-300mm

Fuji FinePix S9500 9 Megapixels

Simone's Expressions - Yarn Over Hook

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village

Comments

• Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    I remember as a kid slaughtering pigs and hanging them up to drain out. It makes you have a totally different out look when you have to kill your own food. And it tastes better, no artifical crap added by anyone.

I wonder how many people would still eat meat if they saw the process it goes through before it gets to the nice clean package at the store?

Nice pic

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Thats a different idea simone thumb.gif I grew up on a cattle/sheep property so killing our own meat was very routine when we were kids. Spoils you for ever with meat though..the rubbish you now see for sale in the supermarkets.
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Hi there SC,

Good to see you posted your pic. Tes I remember as a chid standing there watching my Grand-Father kill the sheep or cattle on his farm.

Thanks for shareing.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • §imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Thanks guys for taking time to look & sharing your comments & childhood memories. 1drink.gifMuch appreciated.
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon 75-300mm

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Hmmmmmmm Hanging...... ummmmm
    §imone wrote:
    Something most people dont see, or even think about how what they purchase for dinner arrives @ supermarkets or @ your local butchers. All they see is the end results, all ready cut into what ever cut of meat, all you have to do is cook, eat & enjoy.

Welcome C & C.

I prefer to see my meat cooked into some kinda really cool dish rolleyes1.gif it looks so much better on a plate I recon hehehehe thumb.gif

Nice shot Simone....... yep we tend to take many things in life for granted don't we ..... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    nice shot
    if anybody want to see step by step tutorial ??? everyone cannot hold it ne_nau.gif we do it with own hands on religious festival so quite used to it and it tastes WOW
    we will have some when you visit paksitan iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • §imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Thanks Skip & Awais. Yes have to agree with the hands on approach. Get so much more satisfaction out of your food that way. You do appreciate & enjoy it more.:):
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon 75-300mm

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 19, 2006
    anyone heard of sausage referred to as 'eyeballs and buttholes'?-

george
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    Interesting hanging meat shots therethumb.gif That shrink wrapped stuff in GS scares me. Helped with some hog and chicken. Fresh hog rinds (cracklins) are wonderful!

gefillmore wrote:

george
    Ok George..Bit early in the AM for that blast from the past, still laughing. Yes my father would refer to sausage that way. Farming families both sides, Saum side still farms.

Now one for you? Ever heard of skim milk called blue john?
    edited March 19, 2006
    Thusie-

heard the eyeballs thing from a lady I used to work with that worked on a pig farm-

never had heard of blue john and we used to drink it all the time--if you hadn't said what it was I might have thought it was something that would happen on a date-

george
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:

george
    The 0zzie meat pie is often said to be made of 'lips & bums' cause you will always get a reallllly chewy bit in one everytime.
    edited March 19, 2006
    had to look that one up-

neat-
    thanks-

george
  • KA0TVOKA0TVO Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    Ahhhh Mountain Oysters rolleyes1.gif
    Bob