Two wildly different shots.

wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited March 21, 2006 in Holy Macro
One a nature photo, the other, a still life with a watercolor action applied.

Comments and critique are asked for of course.

114186093_2fda4259c9_o.jpg

114185400_7e81fe6952_o.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Yes, they are definitely different! The first one just isn't my style, but I know its' fun to experiment. The second one is more to my tastes. I like the composition and the soft, dreamy effect. Would have been better if the center of the flower (stamen) had been in focus. I do like the shallow DOF, but I guess the camera focused on the wrong part of the flower??? ...Do like the lighting, however, is this just shot with available light? :D
  • wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Yes, they are definitely different! The first one just isn't my style, but I know its' fun to experiment. The second one is more to my tastes. I like the composition and the soft, dreamy effect. Would have been better if the center of the flower (stamen) had been in focus. I do like the shallow DOF, but I guess the camera focused on the wrong part of the flower??? ...Do like the lighting, however, is this just shot with available light? :D

The second one is shot with fec set to -2. It was shot with a macro lens, so yes, it has a very narrow dof. Thank you so much for your comments.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    I agree with saurora Nice shots :):
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    I agree with saurora Nice shots :):

Thanks so much Awais!!!!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 18, 2006
    wally-

like both--

imo, the first one needs a contrasting color for the material underneath the bottles and another color for the taller things (and delineate them)-

I agree with saurora that the center of the flower needs to be focused-

flowers are nice, but there are a lot of them--I'd like to see more of something like #1-

thanks for sharing-

george
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Yup They're Different
    wally5656 wrote:
    One a nature photo, the other, a still life with a watercolor action applied.

Comments and critique are asked for of course.
    Thanks for looking!

I like them both..... have you tried to do a Hayes-Island-Effect with that top shot?? it might just give it some more detail .....just a thought.
    I still like it :D and your Macro flower too thumb.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin