Presentation is Everything

Murphy66Murphy66 Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited March 18, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Had another idea. My family runs away when I get ideas.
www.MarcottePhotography.com is my portfolio and www.StudioMarcotte.com is my blog.

Comments

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Ha ha ha
    I think this is great...

The only thing missing are those squiggles of what looks like chocolate syrup to me, that the "great chefs" use to dress up the lack of food on the plate!
  • kudbegudkudbegud Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    nice pic...your right, even a hot dog presented right looks gormet. the niggle i see right off is a paralax (sp?) problem where the sides tilt out making it look like the stuff might roll off both side of the table...a small problem a little PS can straighten up pretty quick.

good idea nicely presented clap.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited March 18, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    I think this is great...

The only thing missing are those squiggles of what looks like chocolate syrup to me, that the "great chefs" use to dress up the lack of food on the plate!
    Great idea, Dee. It would probably look cool to do it with mustard. lol3.gif
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Hey Mustard!
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Great idea, Dee. It would probably look cool to do it with mustard. lol3.gif

Great idea... better than ketcup!
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    I like the idea. I think it's too much. The pastel pitcher doesn't fit well with the bright vibrant colors of the rest of the scene. I would loose the red flowers in the tall white vase and the other distracting red flowers in the background. Maybe move the large bouquet to that area. I think Dee's idea would be great with ketchup and mustard artfully drawn on the plate. Tighten up the shot and make the gourmet hotdog the center of focus and you got a winner. Maybe a lower angle on the shot too. JMO
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke