One Product Shot

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited March 20, 2006 in Holy Macro
Hello Friends
My brother just got his new cell phone i shot it here it is
In this image you may see some greenish color thats because i thought selecting background in PS will be easy but white parts of cell got reflection of green i am no photoshop expert especially selecting tool is hard for me :dunno
inspired by sonyericsson product photography
60395374-M.jpg

We love this CELL :lust
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Hello Friends
    My brother just got his new cell phone i shot it here it is
    In this image you may see some greenish color thats because i thought selecting background in PS will be easy but white parts of cell got reflection of green i am no photoshop expert especially selecting tool is hard for me ne_nau.gif
    inspired by sonyericsson product photography
    60395374-M.jpg

We love this CELL iloveyou.gif

Really nice, you squeeze the most out of that W-1!!!!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Thank you Wally i love my w1 my 1st ever camerailoveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 18, 2006
    Awais-

how are you, my friend-

I don't know if this will help but I took your pic and used hue/saturation to pull out some cyan--dropped the saturation to about -90-

not sure what color the cells are or what bg you were wanting-

yes-selection can be very difficult-

60441020-L.jpg

george
    edited March 19, 2006
    George you did it i wanted exactly same results thanks iloveyou.gif color of phone was dark blue

My Gallery
  • kaysterkayster Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    Nice Work!!
    I like the pics.. nice works...
    edited March 19, 2006
    kayster wrote:
    I like the pics.. nice works...

Thanks iloveyou.gif

My Gallery
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    Very nice, Awais. Did you try a simple Mask to get rid of the green in your selection?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited March 19, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Very nice, Awais. Did you try a simple Mask to get rid of the green in your selection?

Thanks Sid
    I 1st color select the green then brushed the mask over Cell's white areas which got reflection of green then i used blur to soften the selection next time i think i will be using pure white background even for selection ne_nau.gif

My Gallery
    edited March 19, 2006
    What tool did you use to select the background when you first started, Awais?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    edited March 19, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    What tool did you use to select the background when you first started, Awais?

In photoshop
    Select> Color range> selected green

My Gallery
    edited March 19, 2006
    In photoshop
    Select> Color range> selected green
    Looks like for this job, making a selection using something like the lassoo tool might be a better choice. ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 19, 2006
    or possibly in this case if you have a consistent background use the magic wand--try several times adjusting the tolerance to get as close as you can to what you're leaving out of the selection-
    then sometimes you have to use the lasso tool to add or subtract to get it just right (hold shift to add and alt to subtract on a windows pc)-
    again, it can be difficult and takes practice, but can be worth it-

you can probably find some instruction here or on google regarding selection and the tools used-

best
    george
    edited March 20, 2006
    Hey thanks for suggestion i will work on it :):

My Gallery