CH. 60 food POV

AlonerAloner Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited March 19, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok, I took Mr. Peas advice and tried to get creative with food. I went to the fridge to see what I could find to take pictures of I found apples and peppers. Shot those for about an hour, got frustrated went back to the fridge and it hit me!

I took this with the camera in the fridge, timer on, and fully auto (couldn't see what the scene looked like to set everything). I don't know if it qualifies for the challange, so what do you think?

Comments

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    I like the idea, but I can't tell thats a fridge you are reaching into. Experiment with different angles etc. You are on a very interesting train of thought here.
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Oh yeah! Can you get some kind of food inbetween your hand and the camera??? Keep working...it's a great idea! :D
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Oh yeah! Can you get some kind of food inbetween your hand and the camera??? Keep working...it's a great idea! :D
    And a little more of the fridge door for more context.
  • AlonerAloner Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    Ok, here is my second try. No PP just resized. This time i decided to go for the hand in focus instead of the face. I have some food in the frame so you can tell it's in a fridge.
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    yeah I like the last one better because you can see some food. hah.

do you happen to have an external flash you can use in adjacent with some pc sync cords? I think you can plant the flash on the ground to light up the front of your body.

Also I suggest using a view point from a certain food and not just food in general. Maybe a small Hershey's Bite Size candy. Make it look like your trying to grab for it, by focusing on the candy leaving you slightly blurred (try user larger apertures for that and smaller ones to make you show up a little, find a setting the works best in between), and it will be small enough so that it doesnt block anything. Also, I think it will help if you use a 'diffuser' on your flash. Use a bunch of tissues and place it on front of the flash so that when it pops the entire scene will be lighted evenly.

Lastly, I think you can even get away with using a small lamp on the floor pointing at you and not use the flash altogether.

very good concept like i said before! keep trying! you have until tommorow, you have lots of time! then post them up so we can see if we can find additional improvements thumb.gif
    edited March 19, 2006
    Thanks for the imput. I don't have an external flash (no money left after buying the camera umph.gif). My idea is that I want the viewer of the picture to feel like they are the food. That the person (me) is reaching in the fridge to get them. That's why I have myself reaching for the camera.

I will try the tissue diffuser and maybe a lamp on the floor (diffused?) to light it up a bit better.

Ps. Is it a bad thing to be putting the camera in the fridge? It's not much colder in there then it is outside right now ne_nau.gif
    edited March 19, 2006
    Well I tried to fix the picture. Tried the flash diffuser (tissue) thing and it worked alright but the light I had to put below me to light up the face more just wasn't powerful enough. I also just couldn't seem to get the composition right or even as good as my last shot was. So I think i'm just going to enter what I have now.

Thanks for all your help guys :D!
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    rolleyes1.gifNow if this doesn't say food, I don't know what does. A hungry young man raiding the fridge. Great imagination.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke