Options

In the moment...

mynakedsodamynakedsoda Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited March 24, 2006 in Technique
Just thought I'd share an interesting article I read on Nikonnet.
http://www.nikonnet.com/dyn/articles/article_detail/213.html
Normally I don't pay what I see there much mind but that article on Tony Sweet really struck a cord with me (plus I just plain like his type of flower photography.)
How many of you find yourselves "in the moment" doing your best work? Is it a regular thing or does it come and go? All of my favorite photos are when I accidentally get that way. When I start doing something and before I know it hours have just passed by like nothing. Those moments only seem to come every now and then though. I'm not sure what triggers them. Perhaps I need to look at how I can get myself "in the moment" more. Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    "The only way to achieve what you want in photography is to master your craft and then just forget about it. You shouldn't be thinking of how to get what you want; you're just out there doing it."

I think that's my problem. Well, first of all I haven't mastered this craft...but anyway. I spend too much time thinking about it and reading about it than actually DOING it. Some thought has to go into it...location, subject, etc. But I think I need to simply look around and see what interests me, what looks good and so on...and then start taking the photos.

This is one of my favorites from last fall...

43657171-M.jpg