New Macro Pics This Week...

kaysterkayster Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited March 21, 2006 in Holy Macro
I was out again yesterday to see if i can capture more of the Macro pictures i did last week, but yesterday prove to be less fruitful, maybe bacuse of the location..

Here are 3 pic to share.. Comments and Critics welcome...

IMGP7692.jpg

IMGP7680.jpg

IMGP7677.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    Gold Ant?
    kayster wrote:
    I was out again yesterday to see if i can capture more of the Macro pictures i did last week, but yesterday prove to be less fruitful, maybe bacuse of the location..

Here are 3 pic to share.. Comments and Critics welcome...

Wow your ant looks Gold ?? and he even has spikes behind his head in the middle section ........check that out ......gawwwwwd. eek7.gif

Not too often we see Spider Butt Shots rolleyes1.gif but you got it :D

Love the eyes on your Wasp......those things have the most amazing faces...good series........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    iloveyou.gif Wow loved them keep posting i love your macros
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • kaysterkayster Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Wow your ant looks Gold ?? and he even has spikes behind his head in the middle section ........check that out ......gawwwwwd. eek7.gif

Not too often we see Spider Butt Shots rolleyes1.gif but you got it :D

Love the eyes on your Wasp......those things have the most amazing faces...good series........ Skippy (Australia)

Thanks Skippy.. Yes the ant is a bit golden....and fortunate enough, my gear manage to capture it correctly..

Hahaha.. i'm not sure what it is doing.. but happened to see it climbing up.. so i quickly setup and capture it.
    edited March 19, 2006
    iloveyou.gif Wow loved them keep posting i love your macros

Thanks for the support.. will keep looking for interesting macro subject...
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    I'm not sure how to crititicize macros for improvement but I like the way the third one came out. I wish the second one was taken from atop the spider and not from the bottom, but I bet you shot that that way too. The first one is nice too, but I think you could have shot just a bit farther to prevent one of the ant's antennas to get cropped out. very cool though

btw, how did you take these shots? exif? what kind of lighting did you use, was it bounce-off flash or straight forward flash?
    edited March 19, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    I'm not sure how to crititicize macros for improvement but I like the way the third one came out. I wish the second one was taken from atop the spider and not from the bottom, but I bet you shot that that way too. The first one is nice too, but I think you could have shot just a bit farther to prevent one of the ant's antennas to get cropped out. very cool though

btw, how did you take these shots? exif? what kind of lighting did you use, was it bounce-off flash or straight forward flash?

thanks.. it was taken with 100mm Macro lense with 1.7TC and 1.4TC.. with hot shoe flash, sigma ef500.. and taken straight forward...
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    kayster wrote:
    thanks.. it was taken with 100mm Macro lense with 1.7TC and 1.4TC.. with hot shoe flash, sigma ef500.. and taken straight forward...

Nice shots. My best suggestion would be to try and find a way to get the flash off the hotshoe and off to the side. There are many brackets, including many home made ones that will do the job. You will be amazed at the improvement in the lighting. Keep posting these interesting shots.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
    edited March 21, 2006
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Nice shots. My best suggestion would be to try and find a way to get the flash off the hotshoe and off to the side. There are many brackets, including many home made ones that will do the job. You will be amazed at the improvement in the lighting. Keep posting these interesting shots.

Thanks Thomas.. i've been thinking of that, but budget.. i'm a amature.. and photography is only a hobby.. of course, if i have a chance i would like to turn Pro.. but maybe not for now.. Maybe will get the cables when the Pentax new flash is out.. i'm saving up for them now....rolleyes1.gif
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Neat shots-the lighting is a bit harsh though.
    Brian V.