Still puzzling over what to get wider than 28 mm for D60

Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
edited March 19, 2006 in Cameras
After seeing what some have posted from the "Kit" lens I have been wondering about getting one of those and having it modified for the older body. I like the idea of 17-18 mm at the wide end. But, am trying to also find out how much more (in US dollars), if any, I would have to go to get something better by any mfg. with a Canon EOS mount.

Thanks in advance
Jane B.

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    Jane B. wrote:
    After seeing what some have posted from the "Kit" lens I have been wondering about getting one of those and having it modified for the older body. I like the idea of 17-18 mm at the wide end. But, am trying to also find out how much more (in US dollars), if any, I would have to go to get something better by any mfg. with a Canon EOS mount.

Thanks in advance
    Jane B.

whats your current lens? you could get the kit lens and modify it, or you could modify a 17-85... i was thinking about that. but i'm going to go for a 17-40thumb.gif any of these would work for yours. but we can't help you out unless we know what you already have.
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    I have a 18-55 modified to fit on any body.I've used it on a D60, 20D, and a 1DmkII. I can't imagine these things selling for more than $100 which makes them one of the best deals canon has (the $70 50/1.8 is the best I think) and I don'tknow if anyone makes zooms that cheap.

I don't use it at all if your interested in finding one.
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses