Son of Presentation is Everything

Murphy66Murphy66 Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited March 19, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
After listening to the excellent ideas of better shooters than me, I present to you Presentation Is Everything (part II).

Again, your C&C are welcome!
www.MarcottePhotography.com is my portfolio and www.StudioMarcotte.com is my blog.

Comments

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    Its much better than the predecessor. Did you change the lighting or the time of day? I think you can uncrop the top and bottom of the picture when you make your border. I'm not sure if you noticed that you cut off a part of the flowers up top and part of the cloth underneath the plate.

Either way, it's still composed nicely. It shouldnt annoy anyone at all I dont think. gj and gl! thumb.gif
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    Oh yes, I like this much better. The background is so much better, less cluttered and distracting. Color pallette much better without the pretty little pitcher. (That would be pretty in a softer pastel shot though.) See if you can at least get the corner of the placemat back in there, but if not, it's still much better than the other shot.

Good work.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Murphy66Murphy66 Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    Thanks for your opinions!

Honestly, in spite of the crop, I like the final product. I simplified as best I could with the time I had available. I had to rush to meet the contest deadline! Hopefully, you have a craving for well presented hot dogs after seeing this pic!

Thanks for your C&C, you made this a better picture.
    www.MarcottePhotography.com is my portfolio and www.StudioMarcotte.com is my blog.