Options

Placing orders via phone?

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited March 28, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
I have an individual interesting in purchasing two of my photos :clap.

But, he's leary of placing credit card orders on line and was asking if there was a human he could call at smugmug to place his order. Can folks place orders via telephone?

I am not set up to do my own printing. :dunno

Comments

• Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    Most of my customers refuse to purchase on-line. They call me, tell me the photo #'s they want and I either print in-house or place the order myself. I suggest you take their order yourself, give them the total price and after you recieve payment place the order yourself (at your price or course) and have the prints shipped to them. Don't forget to charge them for S/H & sales tax.
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    richtersl wrote:
    I have an individual interesting in purchasing two of my photos clap.gif.

But, he's leary of placing credit card orders on line and was asking if there was a human he could call at smugmug to place his order. Can folks place orders via telephone?

I am not set up to do my own printing. ne_nau.gif

I wonder if this person knows that giving his credit card to the waiter at their local restaurant is a bigger security risk than making an online purchase.

We don't accept orders over the phone, sorry Linda..

All the best,
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2006
    Cindy wrote:
    Most of my customers refuse to purchase on-line. They call me, tell me the photo #'s they want and I either print in-house or place the order myself. I suggest you take their order yourself, give them the total price and after you recieve payment place the order yourself (at your price or course) and have the prints shipped to them. Don't forget to charge them for S/H & sales tax.

Well, you charge sales tax if your setup for it, if not you may get in trouble. :0)

hehe, some of the less honest people may just take the cc info and do the website stuff for them online, hehe.