A day in the Park

CalKiddCalKidd Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited March 21, 2006 in People
I took my three daughters to the park today. The sun was in and out with most of the pictures with the sun behind clouds. I used a Canon 350D with A 70-200 f4L.
I ran these pictures through PSCS and did a little tweaking myself, however, I am very inexperienced.

This is my first picture post and I would like C&C's please.
BW%20becca.jpg
Girls2.jpg
girls.jpg
Color%20girls.jpg
Kaylie.jpg

Comments

• illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    The composition of the photos is great I really like it. The photos seem a little soft to me, try to sharpen them. Also try to add a little more contrast and adjust the levels. Keep it up, thumb.gif .
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • robert mccanerobert mccane Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    nice looking kid's
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Cute kids, nice composition. A fill flash or a bounce reflector would have helped lightened their faces.

You also want to keep an eye on the background (specifically #3).

The first one is really a fantastic shot!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Nice composition. I guess you have very understanding kids to have them put up with have their photos taken so much!

Others have commented on the appearant softness of some of the photos.

I agree that a little contract would give them a little more pop.

Looking at #2 and #5, it appears to me that you might have a focus issue. It appears to me that in these two, the trees are in very sharp focus. If this is true, that might explain why your daughter in #5 looks soft.
  • CalKiddCalKidd Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Thanks for all the replies and I see that they are all soft. I have wondered how others get their photos so sharp. I was using center AF and focusing on the eyes, but in some photos the focus is some where else. Practice, practice........