Models Cassi and Kallyn

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited March 21, 2006 in People
i had originally set up a shoot with just cassi, but when i was discussing the shoot with her in front of kallyn, kallyn asked if she could join us. although kallyn is beautiful, i've been extremely excited to shoot with cassi for a while because i think she is incredibly gorgeous. when it came around to shooting, i was actually mildly dissapointed with the pictures of cassi and completely blown away by the pictures of kallyn.

i'm not sure if i shot cassi poorly, if she isn't as gorgeous as i think she is, or maybe she's just not very photogenic. i've come to realize now that kallyn is simply stunning.

here's a shot of each of them, please tell me what you think:

#1 cassi
60626281-L.jpg

#2 kallyn:
60629796-L.jpg

i'll be posting more soon.

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    They're both beautiful. Kallyn's eyes are sharper, and therefore a bit more engaging, IMO. Seems your focus was off just a tad on Cassi? Or maybe a bit of sharpening in the eyes would help?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    thanks david. i think i might need to sharpen the eyes in #1.

here's two more:

#3 kallyn:
    60709713-L-2.jpg

#4 cassi:
    60713293-L-1.jpg
  • mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    IMHO they're both absolute stunners and I think your first pic is a keeper for sure.
    May I take your picture?
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    I think it's Kallyns eyes, I'm not talking about sharpness, they are green and stand out on their own. In the first shot I'm kind of distracted from Cassis face by how white her hand looks compared to it. It makes her tan look fake. Plus her smile looks like she is forcing it. On the other hand Kallyns smile in the second looks like she could light up the world with it. Nice shots Binghott, I think Kallyn wins this round.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited March 20, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    I think it's Kallyns eyes, I'm not talking about sharpness, they are green and stand out on their own. In the first shot I'm kind of distracted from Cassis face by how white her hand looks compared to it. It makes her tan look fake. Plus her smile looks like she is forcing it. On the other hand Kallyns smile in the second looks like she could light up the world with it. Nice shots Binghott, I think Kallyn wins this round.

wow, 15524779-Ti.gif with everything. that is exactly how i feel.
    kallyn's smile is incredible. i had some trouble with her smile in a lot of pictures because she tends to squint when she smiles, but i feel like i nailed that one.
  • graflexTomgraflexTom Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    gluwater wrote:

I agree and Love Kallyn's eyes. They rock. The Thing I also see in the Cassis first photo I do not like was it was shot too Square. More a male than female pose. see the tips page talks about angles and women. I see it in this photo.

Good work I look forward to seeing more. clap.gif
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    Nice Photos & great models!
    Skin tones of the hands compared to
    the face distract me in the first photo.
    Thanks for posting.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/northcarolinamodels
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • §imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    Great shots all round but I to think its the colour of their eyes & what they happen to be wearing.

Cassi has beautiful brown eyes, but she is also wearing same colour tones & different shades of. While Kallyn has those knock out green eyes & wearing completly different colours.

Either way both beautiful women.
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens
    Canon 75-300mm

Fuji FinePix S9500 9 Megapixels

Simone's Expressions - Yarn Over Hook

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village

• FrostFrost Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    Excellent models!
    I have to agree that the shots are very well done and composed. The eyes do have a certain charm in them, and this might be a way to enhance the shot a bit. I'm not a Photoshop techie, but it's just an idea on what you might do with the eyes to give them a different bolder color. No different than wearing contacts for a shoot, but cheaper!!:):
    Cheers!
    Vern

Nikon D80 w/ Tamron 28-200 XR lens & Nikon 55-200VR, 4X5 Graphic View II, others
    http://vernsdidj.com Didgeridoo site with links and pictures.

I started out in life with nothing, and I've managed to keep most of it.

edited March 20, 2006
    Frost wrote:
    I have to agree that the shots are very well done and composed. The eyes do have a certain charm in them, and this might be a way to enhance the shot a bit. I'm not a Photoshop techie, but it's just an idea on what you might do with the eyes to give them a different bolder color. No different than wearing contacts for a shoot, but cheaper!!:):

i appreciate the effort, but i'm not a fan of drastically modifying my pictures, i just enhance them. no offense, but i find altering images in unrealistic ways to be tacky. though they may not be as earth-shattering as kallyn's, i find cassi's brown eyes to be wonderful.

thanks.

i'll be posting more soon.
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Both are quite beautiful - I agree with enhancing and not changing the photo. While I do think Kallyn's eyes are beautiful, Cassi's eyes are also stunning (let's give our brown eyed girls some props!)... I just think Kallyn's smile is amazing and it made the difference in the portraits.
  • Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Jnichols wrote:
    Cassi's eyes are also stunning (let's give our brown eyed girls some props!)

Totally agree... I think that Cassi's brown eyes are definitely just as stunning as Kallyn (IMO)...

Nice pictures...

Lee
    edited March 21, 2006
    thanks guys. cassi definitely has great eyes, i'm a huge fan of deep brown eyes. kallyn's eye color is unreal, i've really never seen anything like them. i think kallyn could really have potential in the modeling world.

here's a shot of the two girls together:
    60916399-L-1.jpg
  • FrostFrost Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    I agree with you binghott, the brown eyes are defenitely fitting the rest of her complexion and person. After looking at it later, it did seem overdone even to me. I used to know a gal in high school, that hard dark hair and "grass green" eyes. This was with no contacts, as they didn't have such things back then. Her green eyes were something.

My wife looked and the pictures and also did not like the makeover of the eyes being green, but did see something. The setting are in a more "natural" enviroment, and she thought the eyes on both girls were overdone with makeup. If the eyese were toned down just a bit, it would be interesting to see them again and see how that effect the overall. That last picture is quite stunning.
    Cheers!
    Vern

Nikon D80 w/ Tamron 28-200 XR lens & Nikon 55-200VR, 4X5 Graphic View II, others
    http://vernsdidj.com Didgeridoo site with links and pictures.

I started out in life with nothing, and I've managed to keep most of it.

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    All these pics are great Bing.....but IMHO what I see is that Cassie has a slight lazy eye and that tends to make her smile seem more of a smirk that a light up the world smile....might try having her tilt her head the other way to her right and actually open hers eyes more....in her first photo both eyes seem open the same...no lazy eye effect......
    Kallyns eyes are already wide and that helps make the green snap...also the blk eyeline helps her also...however Cassie should not be doing blk eyeliner...her brn eyes are already dark enuff....
    Not being a make up artist that is the best I can do.....i have had models with blue eyes wear a lighter shade of blu for eyeliner and their eyes would just leap out at you......

EDIT....OOOOps...methinks what I am calling eyeliner is mascara......don't use either personally, so not real sure of the tech names for it :) ........
    neither one seemed to have tons of make up on and that is good.
    also try to shoot Cassie alone and she if she reacts better to the lens.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited March 21, 2006
    scott, i see what you're saying about the eye makeup, thanks. i also do intend to shoot cassi alone again.

i'm starting to think that cassi isn't the same "beautiful" as most of my other models are. i think her look might be more sexy than beautiful and i wasn't really shooting for sexy, which might be why i'm not completely satisfied with the pictures of her. just a thought.