Options

Challenge 61 ... would this qualify????

BryanBryan Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited March 21, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
This picture is way to old to be entered, but I wanted to know if this is what you had in mind, or something like this?

5791838-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 20, 2006
    that's a nice shot, and I'm struggling a bit with this theme as well. At such an early stage, I'd say an image like that isn't monochrome enough, but who knows.

ne_nau.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    Agree, does not looks like B&W, but will find out....
    Anyway, nice one.thumb.gif
    On a second thought, I think you got a point...
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    How I read the rules, this shot would qualify. "The idea is to take a shot that would look like a Black & White with just one small spot of color to indicate it was taken in color." The blue in the water lets me know this is a color shot.

ne_nau.gif

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    MesaManMesaMan Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    If you made the shot B&W and left the water as "blue" then it would. But it's obviously not a B&W shot.
    (nice shot though)
    Those who are possessed by nothing possess everything.
    ~Morihei Ueshiba~
    [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
  • Options
    §imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    Lose the water reflection perhaps, but I follow your thought.
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens
    Canon 75-300mm

Fuji FinePix S9500 9 Megapixels

Simone's Expressions - Yarn Over Hook

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village

• Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    Same as the other threads. If you think it qualifies, than it does. It will be competing with all the other entries based upon that. As long as there's no photoshopping, no pics will get turned away (assuming they meet the other standard rules of course).

Go wild and have fun.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    This one is from last week so it doesn't count but I think it's what they're looking for in the theme.... This shot is in color but it looks like a toned black and white image.

Erich

60202915-L.jpg
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 20, 2006
    Bryan wrote:
    This picture is way to old to be entered, but I wanted to know if this is what you had in mind, or something like this?

5791838-M.jpg

it seems to be exactly what the rules call for.
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Bryan wrote:

I love this shot...the reflection is wonderful! It almost works, and it certainly could be entered in my mind (except for the exif!!) . For the sake of the competition, If I were entering this shot I think I would do a tigher crop and lose (sigh!) some of the foreground so there is not quite so much blue. Leave it with just a corner of the blue showing. Perhaps frame it with a black or charcoal border???? I'm not sure on the border, but I would definitely experiment with. It's lovely as it stands though and too bad you can't reshoot it!!!! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    erich6 wrote:
    This one is from last week so it doesn't count but I think it's what they're looking for in the theme.... This shot is in color but it looks like a toned black and white image.

Erich

60202915-L.jpg

Eric, this is an excellent example of the theme. I look at it and think I am looking a black and white print, but upon closer inspection I can see tiny bits of brown tree branch and a hint of the green under the snow. 1drink.gif