Options

Macromedia Flash on homepage?

taylor2002taylor2002 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
Where can I get some documentation or an example of how to integrate MM flash into my smugmug site? I have a template that I bought a while ago from Allwebco and I would like to use it but am not sure it will work.

The template uses JavaScript and Macromedia Flash, I tried some cut and paste and did not get very far. If I could just see a working example of someone useing flash on their smugmug site, I think I might be able to figure it out.

Thanks
John

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    taylor2002 wrote:
    Where can I get some documentation or an example of how to integrate MM flash into my smugmug site? I have a template that I bought a while ago from Allwebco and I would like to use it but am not sure it will work.

The template uses JavaScript and Macromedia Flash, I tried some cut and paste and did not get very far. If I could just see a working example of someone useing flash on their smugmug site, I think I might be able to figure it out.

Thanks
    John
    Can't do flash, but you can have a super cool slideshow :D
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=28348
    www.moonriverphotography.com
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Well....

You CAN do flash objects so long as they're hosted elsewhere. You cannot do an entire flash-based site. You could do some kind of flash intro gee whiz thingy if you want but 80% of people hate flash intros.

My humble opinion is that adding flash to your photography site won't get you a return value in the time it takes you to design, build, or maintain. Photogs who aren't also webdesigners will benefit more from a nice looking, simple site than a flashy annoying site. That's just my opinion though.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/