Options

Photo prices

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited October 10, 2004 in SmugMug Support
I know I am slow, kind of dense, ask Lynn and anyone who has been trying to help me with locks and layers, but it really shouldn't have taken me an hour to find the prices that my "client" was going to pay.

Then I found that they had all been "stripped" clean. So, I thought that was the problem, spent mega time putting prices in. Then went pack to sign out and look for price list...................no go.

Now, am I dense or what? Do I/they really have to put an order in to find out how much it is?

I am sounding nasty, I don't mean to. There must be something I am doing wrong, there usually always is. But I do know that before I touch putting an order in anywhere on the internet, I look at the prices first.

Well, I did find my prices, by ordering one of my pictures. Didn't buy it, of course. And I did explain to the woman who is absolutely desperate for a picture of her recently deployed husband. Seems I had the last pictures of them together.

I probably shouldn't have even let her see a price list, should have just given the things to her, my husband said she should see the list, that she had asked, so I have made sure she will see it.

Did I do something wrong?

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2004
    In order for her to see the prices she has to add the photo to her cart. This in no way obligates her to purchase the photo. When she chooses the print size she will see the price and the crop for her selection.

Then she can either procede with the purchase or delete the photo from her cart.

That is how I believe it works.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    In order for her to see the prices she has to add the photo to her cart. This in no way obligates her to purchase the photo. When she chooses the print size she will see the price and the crop for her selection.

Then she can either procede with the purchase or delete the photo from her cart.

That is how I believe it works.

Hope this helps.
    Greaper, thanks, but that is how I think it works, too. Psychologically that would be a turn off to me as a customer. It was a turn off to me as a seller, lol.
    I don't make any money at this stuff, obviously, since I don't even know for weeks and months at a time what is going on.

I was just so frustrated, and I do know that I make decisions in my head up front...............well, I just don't think it is the best way to work it.

But it won't hurt me much.

Thanks, for confirming that I hadn't missed something obvious. There used to be a way to access the price list independent of putting something in the cart. I finally went to the help thing, that was how I figured out that I had to try putting something in the cart.

And the info on that help thing, I am not sure customers should be seeing all that, and I was not logged on.

ginger

Other things looked beautiful. The rotation thing worked great, and it looks good, too. The site is very professional looking. I just wish it were more obvious as to where the price list is.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.