Options

CH 61 - Mask

§imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
edited March 21, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Im thinking along these lines for the challenge. Still playing with this idea. Shot with natural light. Any idea's, comments etc welcome. LOL think half the challenge here is ones interpretation.

mask.jpg
Simone

Canon 350D
Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens
Canon 75-300mm

Fuji FinePix S9500 9 Megapixels

Simone's Expressions - Yarn Over Hook

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village

Comments

• Options
    JamokeJamoke Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2006
    Tough one
    This one is extremely wide open for interpretation. But I like your Idea. I think this shot could work, if the lighting was better. It looks like a high iso and has lots of noise. And it's a little confusing because the challenge says one spot of color to indicate it wasn't shot black and white... so the red, and the Gold work, however there are multiple spots, and mutliple colors.... so some people might judge based on a more strict interpretation...

Geeze - this one is going to take a lot of thought.
    Mine: Canon 20D, 50 f1.8 II, 28-105 II, 70-200 f2.8L, T 70-300 Macro, T 2X expander, 12-24 Sigma
    Hers: Sony SR10, (Soon Canon 5D MKII), 85 f1.8, 28-135 USM, Stroboframe, Manfrotto NeoTec
    Ours: Pair of 580 EX, Lensbaby, Studio Alien Bees, Son & TWO Daughters
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    For me it has too much color even though it's a black and white mask. I look at it and think "it's a black and white MASK not a black and white photo". The 2 colors, red and gold, are a little too abundant to make this shot work for the competition. I love the mask though and the idea of filling the frame with it. :):