EZ Prints ?

InskiPInskiP Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited March 21, 2006 in SmugMug Support
It sounds like EZ prints is the official smugmug printer... Where is EZ prints located? Where do the prints ship from? I'm trying to determine if I will be charged tax? I live in CA.

I've only seen a couple of posts, but it seems like those individuals are happy w/ the quality. How are the prints packaged? How do I get more info on EZ Prints (shipping, services, pricing, ordering ifo, etc)?

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    InskiP wrote:
    It sounds like EZ prints is the official smugmug printer... Where is EZ prints located? Where do the prints ship from? I'm trying to determine if I will be charged tax? I live in CA.

I've only seen a couple of posts, but it seems like those individuals are happy w/ the quality. How are the prints packaged? How do I get more info on EZ Prints (shipping, services, pricing, ordering ifo, etc)?

Well, you're doing business with smugmug, not ezprints. I don't know if that's why I pay tax, but I do, and I live in CA. So there you go.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • flyingpointflyingpoint Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Print Quality
    I can't speak to your tax situation, but I literally just go my first test print from EZ Print this week and it was absolutely fantastic. The sample was 12x18 with lustre finish. Colors were were spot on with with deep, rich tones. And after reading on the forum, I defaulted all my porfolio printing to TRUE color. Shipping was via a medium size tube.

I had hesitated allowing printing off my site (www.flyingpointroad.com), but I'm now very comfortable with EZ Print's quality.

InskiP wrote:

• InskiPInskiP Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    What about other sizes like 11x14, 8x10 or smaller, do they package those in glassine envelopes and flat cardboard boxes or what?

I want to control the print ordering in my galleries rather than those viewing it, so I have turned off the shopping cart option. I also usually upload lo-res images for online viewing. So, I guess I will need to create a seperate, private, high-res gallery that I can print from. Seems like more work, but I can't afford the Pro-account right now, plus I don't fully understand how all this works esp if I want to control the print ordering.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    InskiP wrote:

I'm on the road today but wanted to pass you this link:
    http://www.smugmug.com/prints/digital-prints.mg
    Which is why & how we chose ezprints.

Holler for more questions, be glad to answer later :D
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    OK - to answer your other questions:

EZPrints is in Georgia.
    The prints ship from Georgia.
    You're in CA so you'll pay sales tax (the sale takes place at SmugMug, in CA).

I hope this helps!