Options

Feature Request - Print Packages

bdphotoadminbdphotoadmin Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited October 12, 2004 in SmugMug Support
With the holidays just around the corner - I'd REALLY like to see a mechanism in the store-front that allows us Pro users to create 'packages' of prints. Bundling multiple prints (of the same image) into a single package price would certainly help my sales .... and I suspect many others'.

Please consider this carefully - as it would be another GREAT feature to have.

-john

Comments

• Options
    LBGLBG Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2004
    With the holidays just around the corner - I'd REALLY like to see a mechanism in the store-front that allows us Pro users to create 'packages' of prints. Bundling multiple prints (of the same image) into a single package price would certainly help my sales .... and I suspect many others'.

Please consider this carefully - as it would be another GREAT feature to have.

-john
    This isnt a smugmug fix but it does work. If you use PS you can create picture pagages in predetermined sized like 8x10. What you could do is set up separate galleries for each client and custom set prices for an 8x10 depending on what sized photos were printed on it. Clikc here for an example!

9631880-L.jpg

9631884-L.jpg
    9631885-L.jpg
  • Options
    bdphotoadminbdphotoadmin Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 11, 2004
    LBG wrote:
    This isnt a smugmug fix but it does work. If you use PS you can create picture pagages in predetermined sized like 8x10. What you could do is set up separate galleries for each client and custom set prices for an 8x10 depending on what sized photos were printed on it. Clikc here for an example!
    Thanks LBG for the idea and suggestion. However, this won't work for me - as I have over 450 images in several galleries ..... each of which may be ordered/desired in one or more package configurations. The thought of having to create multiple layouts for each image goes beyond what I'm willing/able to do.

I'd like to be able to define a package of two or more 'standard' items that could be given a 'name' and corresponding pro-price. These 'named' packages would then be available for the entire gallery or site (using the present tiers, less individual image). Sounds simple - but I'm sure there are internals that make it a bit difficult.

Baldy or OneThumb .... any thoughts?

Thank you for your consideration.

-john
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited October 12, 2004
    That's a very interesting suggestion and you're not the only one who's asked about it. I'm not sure how much work it would be and I know the engineers plates are full at the moment, but we'll talk about it amongst ourselves.

Thanks for the suggestion!

All the best,
    Baldy