Options

Want to Borrow? book

DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
edited March 23, 2006 in Flea Market
if anyone has Scott Kelby's The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) book i would like to borrow it from you... if it isn't returned to you in the exact condition that it was borrowed in i'll buy it from you.:D i just looked in the local bookstores and they dont' carry it so i'm not sure where to look but i just want to kinda get a feel for it before i buy the book. not sure if this fly's in the B&S forum but i figured i'd give it a try...

thanks,
Daniel
Daniel Bauer
smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    arroyosharkarroyoshark Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Dann'l, check with Amazon. That is the text I use in my 2nd photochop class at community college this semester. I found mine lightly used at Amazon for subtantially less than new. Took about 8-days to get it shipped to me, tho. It is a very straight forward how-too book. You would not regret getting it. You just have to put up with Kelby's warped & corny sense of humor.
    Available light is any damn light that's available -W. Eugene Smith
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 22, 2006
    daniel-

can get it at amazon now for 25 bucks and free shipping-

this is a must book for ps users (imo)-

check out the reviews, and if you still want to borrow one, I'll loan you mine-

you'll probably be throwing away the money used for shipping, though, because you'll probably want to buy one-

george
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 22, 2006
    Looks like most people don't get the 'borrow' part, sorry buddy. lol3.gif

I have the CS version that I'd send you if you're just looking for a test run or have never seen Kelby's books before. They're all very similar, he actually takes you through examples rather than explaining theory. Nice for practical users, Gus calls it "follow the bouncing ball".
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Looks like most people don't get the 'borrow' part, sorry buddy. lol3.gif

I have the CS version that I'd send you if you're just looking for a test run or have never seen Kelby's books before. They're all very similar, he actually takes you through examples rather than explaining theory. Nice for practical users, Gus calls it "follow the bouncing ball".

But would it be useful for people who have been using photoshop since adobe photoshop 3/4 .
    ---
    Chris
    Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 23, 2006
    chrisjlee wrote:
    But would it be useful for people who have been using photoshop since adobe photoshop 3/4 .
    I'd have to go with no on that one. And only because, like I said, Kelby's style here in the CS for digital photographers is very step-by-step, less "this tool uses this method to accomplish this" and more "select this, click this, do that, voila". I think a version that old would have different steps. I'm pretty sure he has books for those older ones though.
    ne_nau.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]