Opps.. I did it again...[5imgs]

kaysterkayster Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited March 23, 2006 in Holy Macro
Another series of macro that i took and again its dragonfly.. am i running out of subject? Well, i was out searching for a place to do a model shoot at a park, and after I recee the place, took some landscape.. i simply put on the Macro and flash and saw dragon.. fly...... Here are 5 pics that are interesting, i find.. first time i saw them eating.

Sideview @ Macro 1:1 with TC1.7 + TC1.4
IMGP7907.jpg

Head-on.. not sure how close.. but very close...
IMGP7875.jpg

The following are capture when it was feasting its meal.. and look closer, you will see the "Eggs" at the lower bottom.. Cool isn't it.. My first encounter ever....

IMGP7853.jpg

IMGP7857.jpg

IMGP7858.jpg

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    Those are really good...I especially like #2.... way to gothumb.gifclap.gif
    Tell us what equipment you used for this.....camera, lens, aperature, length of macro tubes (if any), etc, etc.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 22, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    Those are really good...I especially like #2.... way to gothumb.gif.
    Yes, I like #2 as well. I think it's the first time I have seen an insect face that almost looks cute.

Cheers,
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    Wow again weldone iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    Very interesting shots. Dragons are one of my favorite subjects. None around here now, but hopefully soon. I really like the first head shot. The colors are very nice. Some of the others look a tad overexposed on my setup, or maybe its just the highlights. I use the highlights/shadows feature of PS CS2 alot. Keep them coming.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    VERY COOL! clap.gifthumb.gif
    Another note to self.....Buy Macro lens!
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    Wonderful shots.
    The Headshots are excellent- great colour and clarity.
    The other shots do have some overexposure but are excellent shots of the dragon with it's prey. Well done :)
    The "eggs" are probably not eggs but more likely to be parisitic mites.
    Brian V.
  • kaysterkayster Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    Those are really good...I especially like #2.... way to gothumb.gifclap.gif
    Tell us what equipment you used for this.....camera, lens, aperature, length of macro tubes (if any), etc, etc.

Thanks.. I'm using a Pentax *istDS with Pentax SMC-DA100mm Macro stacked on a Pentax 1.7x TC and Sigma 1.4x TC. I set the f-stop between f13 as i was shooting it handheld.. ISO 400 to increase my shutter..with Sigma EF500.