The end of 3MP cameras?

ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,077 moderator
edited March 22, 2006 in Cameras
I was just noticing that, according to DPReview, there were no new 3MP cameras introduced this year, and only three 4MP cameras.

Does this mean the end of 3MP imagers?

(There were also no "new" double-digit imagers announced so far this year, but I have a feeling ... :D )

ziggy53
ziggy53
Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

Comments

• marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    I think 3MP images will start showing up extensively soon, when the Nokia N80 and SonyEricsson K800i will show up. Both phones will have even better cameras then the current (not too shabby) N70 and K750/W800. In my opinion, phones eventually will start to take over the function of small sized cameras.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    marlof wrote:
    I think 3MP images will start showing up extensively soon, when the Nokia N80 and SonyEricsson K800i will show up. Both phones will have even better cameras then the current (not too shabby) N70 and K750/W800. In my opinion, phones eventually will start to take over the function of small sized cameras.

I agree....we just got a megapixel on the cell...right?

Could you imagine....SLR cell phones....clap.gif
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    The N70 and K750/W800 have pretty decent 2 megapixel cameras. Humungus has access to a W800, and posted a low light shot that was simply amazing for a cameraphone.
    enjoy being here while getting there