Options

Ch. 61: Skiing in the storm

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited March 22, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
By happy coincidence I took these just after the challenge started. I had no knowledge of the theme when I shot them, but they might work pretty well. What do you think?

60933581-L.jpg

60982223-L.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 22, 2006
    uh huh, i really like the second shot. that sinuous line of skiers is great, and i really want to know what the prominent subject towards the bottom is looking at. it's a good story shot.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    Looking at #2 a strange thought apear. ne_nau.gif
    Oh no ... i recognize that, its envy.thumb.gif
    IMHO the upper left corner is rather distacting.
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • Options
    §imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    I'm leaning towards your 2nd shot. Agree on the crop but also wondering what would be like if you went tighter & had the line of skiers take the full length of the image in background.ne_nau.gif
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens
    Canon 75-300mm

Fuji FinePix S9500 9 Megapixels

Simone's Expressions - Yarn Over Hook

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village

• Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    Wonderful shots. I like them both. I'm going to differ with the others on a favorite. I love the feel of movement and action in #1 with the peaceful, snow covered trees in the background. I can see that cropping out the upper left hand corner of #2 would improve the shot, but it is dynamite as is.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    You lucked out with the storm! Great shots, I can see where you are having difficulty choosing. I am going to say # 2 - just love that line of skiiers in the BG.