Options

**Ch 61. Crystal

Micah WeberMicah Weber Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited March 23, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
1/60 F /UN Flash: No ISO : 50 date: February 2005. only shot i have right now for this theme..

crystal.jpg
Portfolio: www.micahweber.com | Nikon Shooter. D50 |18-55mm | 55-200mm || S3

Comments

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    You have the right idea....very small amount of color. Even this print might have a little too much. When I look at the crystal I see more color than I first thought. You might want to try some reshoots and watch the reflections. I like the composition and idea.:):
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 22, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    You have the right idea....very small amount of color. Even this print might have a little too much. When I look at the crystal I see more color than I first thought. You might want to try some reshoots and watch the reflections. I like the comosition and idea.:):

15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    Yes, this is a nice idea but I don't think that there's too much colour - I think it's just right thumb.gif .

What I do find distracting though is the background. The band of black and the sudden transition to white draws the eye away from the subject.

Nit-picky, but I think a slightly deeper DOF would work too.
    saurora wrote:
    You have the right idea....very small amount of color. Even this print might have a little too much. When I look at the crystal I see more color than I first thought. You might want to try some reshoots and watch the reflections. I like the comosition and idea.:):
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2006
    adrian_k wrote:
    Yes, this is a nice idea but I don't think that there's too much colour - I think it's just right thumb.gif .

What I do find distracting though is the background. The band of black and the sudden transition to white draws the eye away from the subject.

Nit-picky, but I think a slightly deeper DOF would work too.

yea i agree .. the DOF is so shallow it gives nothing to the background, ah well this is a pic i hardly ever show anyway
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 23, 2006
    I think it would definitely work for this challenge... if it were fresh shot (I'm guessing your just getting a feel for shots/ideas, but its my job to remind y'all of the rules)

Micah, great use of DOF. I took a stroll to your portfolio and some some great up close work, you use the depth well. Glad to see your work on dgrin!
    thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 23, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I think it would definitely work for this challenge... if it were fresh shot (I'm guessing your just getting a feel for shots/ideas, but its my job to remind y'all of the rules)

Micah, great use of DOF. I took a stroll to your portfolio and some some great up close work, you use the depth well. Glad to see your work on dgrin!
    thumb.gif

you know i just trying to decipher through out all the reading, that the shot has to be recent or after the challenge theme is given? sorry for being "that guy"
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 23, 2006
    you know i just trying to decipher through out all the reading, that the shot has to be recent or after the challenge theme is given? sorry for being "that guy"
    Yup, challenge shots must be taken during the challenge period.

No big deal, I'm sure you won't have a problem coming up with something new thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 23, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Yup, challenge shots must be taken during the challenge period.

No big deal, I'm sure you won't have a problem coming up with something new thumb.gif

hahaaa very true
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    Cool shot. Actually, I like a lot of your shots from your gallery, especially the ones from Phillippines ;) Anyway yeah, I like the diamond photograph however I think you can get more creative than just shooting a diamond at that angle. You will have to re-shoot because of the rules on here and theyre pretty darn strict. Just post it up before you turn it in, a lot of people here has some great input to help improve one-another's photographs, dont be afraid to ask.
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    Cool shot. Actually, I like a lot of your shots from your gallery, especially the ones from Phillippines ;) Anyway yeah, I like the diamond photograph however I think you can get more creative than just shooting a diamond at that angle. You will have to re-shoot because of the rules on here and theyre pretty darn strict. Just post it up before you turn it in, a lot of people here has some great input to help improve one-another's photographs, dont be afraid to ask.

the picture is a random pic , i had nothing in mind while taking it, ie 'being more creative than just shooting a diamond at that angle' now that i know the rules, its all good, watch for my entries.. thx for the philippines pics compliment though, was there for 11 weeks last year..