Best price yet on 30D?

TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
edited March 24, 2006 in Cameras
Ok, so it's not out yet, but search B&H with promo code "psmar", and the 30D is offered for $1349.95. I would assume (though I haven't actually done this), that if you order it at that price, you'll get it at that price when they are made available. Get in line.

10-22, 17-40, 24-70, and 70-200IS are also on the list.
panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
Sony F717 | Hoya R72

Comments

• Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    I used the "psmar" thing for the 17-40. 50 bucks off. I used that money I saved and bought a 2 gig CF.:D
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • arroyosharkarroyoshark Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    This 'promotion code" sounds interesting, but I don't know how to use it. Went to B&H site and could not figure out how to search for product using the psmar promo code.

Could someone enlighten me? The Canon 17-40 interests me.

Thanks
    Available light is any damn light that's available -W. Eugene Smith
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    Just go to their website and type in the code in the search block and click search. The next screen that appears list all the manuafacturers. Scroll down to Canon and click Go.

That's it.

This 'promotion code" sounds interesting, but I don't know how to use it. Went to B&H site and could not figure out how to search for product using the psmar promo code.

Could someone enlighten me? The Canon 17-40 interests me.

Thanks
  • photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006

Visit http://bhphoto.com

In the search box, type: psmar06

Tons of listings in this "hidden" sale will pop up in the search results. You can then narrow the results to a particular brand (e.g. Canon) using the "Refine Results" box at the top of the search results.
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• arroyosharkarroyoshark Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    Thanks! thumb.gif
    Available light is any damn light that's available -W. Eugene Smith
  • limbiklimbik Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    So I found it on bh, but can't preorder at that price? All it allows me to do is "add to wishlist"
  • photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    The reason is to the left of the "Add to Wishlist" button
    So I found it on bh, but can't preorder at that price? All it allows me to do is "add to wishlist"
    Look to the left of the "Add to Wishlist" button -- you should either see "Add to Cart" or something like "This item is [already] in your shopping cart" or "Notify when in stock". That message should give you a clue as to what the problem might be mwink.gif.
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• limbiklimbik Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    It seems they just started "Accepting Orders" this morning, so I got in line. yelrotflmao.gif