Ch 61> Strasburg Trainyard Locomotive

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited March 24, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Playing with the B&W in color theme.

61157552-L.jpg

I know there's a "only basic photoshop, sharpening, etc" clause on this challenge. I assume a crop is okay?

Mostly B&W. I don't think I have a strong enough subject for even a top-ten. I'm still working on ideas. :scratch

Thoughts?
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    One more:

61158435-L.jpg

Probably too much color in this one. The blue sky takes up a good deal of "real estate". But it does have a B&W look to it, I think.

Exif

Comments and thoughts welcome.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    I like the tones in #2 better. It looks like a B&W shot.
    I don't know if you cropped that one at all - if not maybe a crop that shows a small protion of the sky?
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    I love the tones in the #2 train!!! I think you should crop down at least to where the blue is gone in the upper left corner. As I played with it, I found you could even go lower... (try just above the vent on top of the train) There is a lot of blue still, however, the train is making such a strong black and white statement that momentarily you think "black and white" .... and that's the whole concept! thumb.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 23, 2006
    I like #2 a lot and a tighter crop, as many have suggested on my 61b thread, would probably yield a contender. thumb.gif
  • §imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    2nd pic & a real tight crop for me also. Seems to have a lot more 'character' about it. thumb.gif
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens
    Canon 75-300mm

Fuji FinePix S9500 9 Megapixels

Simone's Expressions - Yarn Over Hook

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village

• wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    Thanks for the super comments.

Maybe something like this with the tighter crop?
    61202579-L.jpg
    john w

Edward Steichen

• twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    YES ! Wonderful !!! thumb.gif

Just a tad more :)
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    Another challenge KILLER shot. Geee, people, what in the name of God do you eat? It's perfect!iloveyou.gifthumb.gifclap.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]