Options

Ch. 61 Please help me choose

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
edited March 24, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I spent a few hours shooting in a train museum and came up with some possible candidates for Ch 61. Here are a couple. Your comments and suggestions are welcome.

61161393-L.jpg

Or...

61161337-L.jpg

I think I like #2 more, but #1 may be closer to the challenge theme. :dunno

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    Now you're cookin'!!! Number 1 is the one I would choose. I like the number 2 shot alot, but I don't look at it and think it's a black and white shot in any way. But, number 1 momentarily makes you think it could be black and white and that's what makes it work. thumb.gif (Great location, BTW)
  • Options
    twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    #1 is so on the money - just a slight hint of color to indicate it was taken in color - the tones and overall shot look B&W to me. Very nice location and shooting!
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    hey, cool! I like #1, too! Best for the challenge, that is!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    Methinks #1
    I only wish there was some small, but distictively colored object to offset the otherwise very much desaturated palette of the image..
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 23, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    I only wish there was some small, but distictively colored object to offset the otherwise very much desaturated palette of the image..

15524779-Ti.gif what he said! :D
  • Options
    §imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    Number 1 from this corner. Because of your location, which is great. It has an old world feel to it. Looks & feels like it was taken way back when, with a bit of colour added to it.
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens
    Canon 75-300mm

Fuji FinePix S9500 9 Megapixels

Simone's Expressions - Yarn Over Hook

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited March 24, 2006
    Thanks for the comments, everyone.

I am still up in the air about this one. There seem to be two camps developing: one says make it look as black and white as you can, the other says try to balance the B&W with color. I think my problem is that I just like more color than I think the challenge allows. ne_nau.gif Well, looks like it's going to be overcast in Madrid for the next few days, so maybe I'll wait to see what else pops into my viewfinder.

Cheers,