Options

*Challenge 23: Lynnmas Time*

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited October 16, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Time winding down

9642781-L.jpg

Passing of Time (changed to "Autumn's Time")

9646879-L.jpg

Time changing

9656676-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    1ClickAway1ClickAway Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2004
    Beautiful pictures! Time Winding Down is very nice, I like it because I love pictures of the forest. Time Changing is my favorite picture though. I love the colours in it, the reflection on the water, and how the tree acts like a 2 sided boarder. Very nice.
    changed user to "Brett"
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2004
    definately "Time Changing"! BEAUTIFUL! I really like "Time Winding Down" too though...it really draws me in. Great work! thumb.gif

Laurie
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    happusahappusa Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 11, 2004
    The Passing of Time
    Great composition! The color and different textures really make this photo.
    Love it!!!clap.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2004
    All three are nice shots Lynn. I'm thinking the last one most clearly says something about time. Much as I like the second one, how clear is the 'time' message? Maybe it's just me.ne_nau.gif Lovely photos. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2004
    Lynn,
    I really like the second one, the colours are lovely and its an original take on autumn. Sid might be right about the "time message" but it does tell you srongly the time of year it is, whether that's enough I'm not 100% sure ne_nau.gif....maybe check with andy
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2004
    Well, Lynn, I strongly like the first one, how about that, :D . Can't keep us all happy, lol.

I will tell you why, if I can remember. And keep in mind that I am not fond of
    "green" shots, just in general and usually. But this one I like. The play of light, the colors, and the 3D effect. I know there is a place over on the rightish side that I felt I could just see "through" to.

The second shot, the reason I don't like that is it, in my most humble opinion, is an easy shot to take. On the ground, in the water, where ever, I take those shots, in quantity so I can choose the composition. Because of that, the shot does not speak to me as "special". An amateur would probably not think to take it, they wouldn't have anything to do with it. I never have anything to do with mine, actually, I just take them.

Same with water lilies, anything like that. But just because only us "good photographers" take these pictures, it does not "wow" me. Now that is just my opinion.

I know you are also getting positive feedback on the last shot. Have you tried darkening it, something to give it punch? To me it just lacks that final touch, and I think you could get it in post, maybe. It certainly has the reflections.

This is just my opinion, I know you are getting lots of different ones. I like the first shot best, it is the one I couldn't have taken..........not that I am anywhere near country that has the others, but I have been, and the top shot is, IMO, the best you have done with "green". I have never taken that shot, I have taken the others, IMmostHO.

gingeriloveyou.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    LBGLBG Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2004
    Wow
    Im drawn to the second photo. Wow, what contrast, those beautiful colors on that dark water. Amazing.

9646879-L.jpg

This one is pretty amazing also. Nice composition, especially the way you framed the shot with the tree in the foreground.
    9656676-L.jpg
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2004
    no can chose
    ALL THREE ARE GREATclap.gif I really can not pick one better than the other one or three would be mine but whats a 3% + or - if I can get this focus and quality i would be a happy guy but alas no camera very nice!
    _
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2004
    Lynn, I have to agree with the rest, these are beautiful shots. The last one is particularly georgeous. Your challenge shot relates more to the time theme.
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2004
    Lynnmas Time
    I like the leaves best. The colors are attractive and vibrant. This picture is alive. (and kicking).
    The watershot is as another person noted easier to take then the leaves.
    Your leaves are more pro IMHO. The changing of seasons is definetely time
  • Options
    FreeUpsFreeUps Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2004
    Lynn. I see you've already submitted. I'll still throw out another comment on these.

#1 is beautiful. What a great location. I'm not sure if the Subway can take me to such places. Beautiful.

#2 is even better. Lovely composition. You submitted it, and your right for doing so. Lovely.

I really like these shots.
    No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter