Options

Ch 61--Chandelier and ribbon

mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
edited March 24, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Blended:

61236885-L.jpg

Light-painted version:

61236881-L.jpg

My original thought was to drape some Mardi Gras beads over the chandelier. I swear we have them around here somewhere, but finding them is another matter.

Comments

• Options
    twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    On the blended version i am seeing a blue line aroung the light fixtures and in the ribbon on my monitor.

The second one has strong potential - a little less ribbon.
    The beads would work also - if only you could find them! Laughing.gif
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    Lose the ribbon...too much color, it overpowers the whole shot. Something more subtle. How about trying one of those really pale pink bulbs that you use in a bedroom? Try it both ways....lights on, lights off. I don't care for the grainy effect you are getting here, but that's my opinion. I would make it more contrasty....and if you try it, make sure the bulb color is just barely there so your mind has the chance to think you are viewing a black and white shot. A lot of people are thinking that the color part of the rules indicates using a bright accent - (wrong!). The color should be a mere suggestion...just enough to "discover" you are not actually viewing a black and white print. :):
  • Options
    Alexandra_MarieAlexandra_Marie Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif

The grainy-ness of the photo and the bright red of the ribbon are distracting.
    Perhaps a softer and shorter ribbon,wrapped neatly around it instead of randomly hanging off?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the ones that take our breath away.