CH61, some new ones.

davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
edited March 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I shot a couple today, nothing great, but I got an idea of what I'm going to do.
You just have to love the beautiful Mn sky. :rofl
Although these will fit in the challenge, I don't really think there's much substance

I'm sure my entry is going to have a bird in it somewhere. :D

61240915-L.jpg

61240913-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.
dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.

Comments

• twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    Dave - the sky was cooperating with you, I like both shots. If only the birds were facing you on the second one. As I scrolled down to hit the reply the second one was cropped with just the red and the birds. Looked very nice.
  • robinsphotosrobinsphotos Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    I like the second one as well, the touch of red in a b&w is always eyecatching I think.
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2006
    Thanks for looking at the bird/bridge shots.
    I can find all kinds of shots that fit this challenge, but most just don't
    look that interesting on the computer.

What about this one.

61464862-L.jpg
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2006
    It's a great shot...
    davev wrote:
    What about this one.

Too bad it has some colored/yellowish spots on the stones. But maybe that's OK with the judges. ne_nau.gif
    Great shot otherwise!thumb.gif

[ arrgh ] some people are so lucky to have snow at the end of March, that calls for awesome BW-like shots... [ /arrgh ]
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2006
    Nice shots! I like the first and last of the set best. There is too much negative space in #2 for my taste, although the composition is pleasing. I agree with Nikolai about the brown in the tomb stones. I see it right away and never have a moment of thinking I am looking at a b&w. I'm not sure that will matter in the challenge, though. It is a lovely photo.

Virginia

Email
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Nice shots! I like the first and last of the set best. There is too much negative space in #2 for my taste, although the composition is pleasing. I agree with Nikolai about the brown in the tomb stones. I see it right away and never have a moment of thinking I am looking at a b&w. I'm not sure that will matter in the challenge, though. It is a lovely photo.

Virginia

Definately agree w/ Gina. The tombstones shot is a great pic in its' own right, maybe too much colour but that's up to you to decide :D .
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    ooooh ! very interesting shot and works for the challenge - Yes I will agree with the yellow - but the overall tone of this is striking.
  • §imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    I like this for what it is. Your perspective, repetition of the headstones. Might have just a tad to much oolour for challenge.
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens
    Canon 75-300mm

Fuji FinePix S9500 9 Megapixels

Simone's Expressions - Yarn Over Hook

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village