CH61 - pulling my hair out

turnipturnip Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited March 24, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
i insist on coming up with something for this challenge cause it's so darn .. uh .. challenging. this isn't going to be my entry, but i thought i'd share it with you. once i was finished shooting and had it loaded up to resize, i got to thinking "turnip, what on earth are you doing??" :wxwax :rofl I cropped and darkedned shadows by a factor of FIVE of ONE HUNDRED. Would these modifications be allowed on a final entry? Thanks!

Comments

• ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    Hmm.
    Guess its ok. But who knows?ne_nau.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    Imaginative - the lighting works on this - Love the pink feather :):
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 24, 2006
    turnip wrote:
    i insist on coming up with something for this challenge cause it's so darn .. uh .. challenging. this isn't going to be my entry, but i thought i'd share it with you. once i was finished shooting and had it loaded up to resize, i got to thinking "turnip, what on earth are you doing??" umph.gifrolleyes1.gif I cropped and darkedned shadows by a factor of FIVE of ONE HUNDRED. Would these modifications be allowed on a final entry? Thanks!

i'd say fine. you arent messing with the color at all, just accentuating what's already there.

nice shot!
    Pedal faster
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    I love it for whatever it is! Made me laugh rolleyes1.gif . The only thing I would say is that the feather is so bright (not exactly understated!) that it doesn't give me time to think that I am looking at a black and white print. But it is clever...and you have definitely flexed your creative muscles here! Who knows what the judges will think...I think it is ok that you darkened the over-all print. Just no color manipulation...i.e. no desaturating. :):