Options

Prince Edward Island, Canada!!!

spudchick76spudchick76 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited October 11, 2004 in Wildlife
Hi All,

I recently got into just snapping pictures for fun, and found this site and thought I would post one of my favorite shots that I recently took at in my opinion one of the nicest beaches in Canada, I might be partial because I'm from here though!! I have been told its a good shot, so just wanted to know what others thought. I was thinking it kind of came out looking more like a painting. There is not editing to this picture, this is how it came out when I uploaded it from the camera. :)

If you like it let me know , and if you dont, then let me know as well, I'm open to suggestions, like i say I'm new to the digital photography world!!

A great weekend to all!!
Take Care!!

Comments

• Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2004
    Nice Shot
    I was wondering if you might have a larger copy of this pic that you could post. From what I can see I really like it alot, but would love to see a larger version of it.

Also, what was this taken with? Just curious to see if it is digital or not because you got a very cool effect with it as you already said. It does kinda look like a painting the more I look at it. Nice work.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    spudchick76spudchick76 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 10, 2004
    Hey there, sorry i actually dont have the larger one around its packed in a box on a cd...lol I just recently moved and have yet to find some stuff.

I can guarantee you its digital.... I have a Nikon Coolpix 5400 and used the landscape scene option. I think it was a lucky shot myself, becuase i still dont know how to use all the things on my camera, i just got it for my birthday in july. :)
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2004
    Hi All,

I recently got into just snapping pictures for fun, and found this site and thought I would post one of my favorite shots that I recently took at in my opinion one of the nicest beaches in Canada, I might be partial because I'm from here though!! I have been told its a good shot, so just wanted to know what others thought. I was thinking it kind of came out looking more like a painting. There is not editing to this picture, this is how it came out when I uploaded it from the camera. :)

If you like it let me know , and if you dont, then let me know as well, I'm open to suggestions, like i say I'm new to the digital photography world!!

A great weekend to all!!
    Take Care!!
    welcome spudchick wave.gif yes I agree if you can make your picture larger it would be helpful..looks like an interesting shot.
    Lynn
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2004
    Sweet shot, spudster. wave.gif And I agree, it does look more like a painting than a photo. Nice work!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au