Quick arrange is messed up

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited March 25, 2006 in SmugMug Support
It's very convenient to have quick arrange by filename in the arrange photos tool, but what's with it not working 100% properly? I was sorting this gallery http://davidson.smugmug.com/gallery/1302944 and it sorted it mostly properly, but a few of the ones that should be at the bottom were just near the bottom (1617-1633 went after 1659 for some reason). Any ideas?
Richard

EDIT: Actually, it's more screwy than I thought. Some of them are all over, so now I'm going through 1 by 1 and making sure it's all right.

2nd Edit: well, doing it by date taken works...though still I've found one out of place...curious

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    Any ideas?

Have you altered things in post, filenames, etc? I'm not going to play with your gallery, I'm on a slow connection in the airport... you can bump this on the weekend, get my attention again if it's really not working - but first please try it on another gallery and try to duplicate the problem, to be sure.
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    I didn't mess with the filenames at all, but there were a couple duplicates. Also, I had uploaded by using the windows internet explorer uploader (the one with a 100mb limit) but I had like 8 windows open to do it quickly (the beta uploaded bounced me after uploading 60-something photos, plus because of the way the school routes things it's much faster for me to use multiple windows). No need to mess with my gallery, I've got it all good now (doing by time taken only put one photo out of place). The filenames below each photo were reported properly, so I'm not sure why the arranging by filename didn't work properly.
    Richard
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2006
    Just did another gallery and again by filename didn't work properly but by date taken did work.