Indestructible..

MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
edited March 26, 2006 in Finishing School
This is an initial concept picture for a logo I am designing for an acquaintance of mine..

I have to find a sunlit version of the metal plating with that pattern on it to put in the lettering. I shot the plating in a dark club with a flash, and I don't like the way it came out.. I may also try to make the lettering 3D and put the plating on the side too, to bring out the solidness of the "indestructible" logo..

I like the way the sky came out..

For the ground, I am torn between leaving it in cartoon form, or recreating that effect with real life dirt.

What do you think so far? Any suggestions?

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 25, 2006
    not that I'm any good with what you're doing, but I'd want a little bit thicker?wider? letters and would like to see it on real ground-or concrete?-

george

ps also like the 3d idea
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    not that I'm any good with what you're doing, but I'd want a little bit thicker?wider? letters and would like to see it on real ground-or concrete?-

george

ps also like the 3d idea

I agree about the font. Try Impact or Compacta. Not sure about the soil. Real would be too....real, mebbe, but definitely more realistic than what you have, for sure.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2006
    Yep fatter 3D fonts definately. All of the wires (?) sticking down need to be metal like the ones near the middle with a touch of drop shadow. Some kind of texture on the bottom, not sure if real dirt would do it or not, but needs something other than plain flat tan.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    Yep fatter 3D fonts definately. All of the wires (?) sticking down need to be metal like the ones near the middle with a touch of drop shadow. Some kind of texture on the bottom, not sure if real dirt would do it or not, but needs something other than plain flat tan.

The wires are suppose to be cracks in the dirt. What I am thinking of doing, is taking a cooking pan and putting some small metal "L" bars for each letter, and then covering them in dirt. Then I'll pull on the "L" bars until the dirt cracks a little. Then I'll photograph it.

I can draw it well enough if I had a pen/pad combo for input to my computer, but I don't have and can't afford one right now.. So I am just using my fingers on a touchpad to draw the lines..]

I'm gonna try and get it done throughout the week. I'll let you know how it goes..

MainFragger/Brian
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    I think if you want to convey that something is "indestructible" then something needs to be attacking it instead of it destroying something. Maybe a boulder that crashed into the top of the lettering laying off to one side with fragments littered all over and a few bits lying on top of the T's and E's.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 26, 2006
    Ric-

that's good-

george
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    Ric-

that's good-

george

Thanks, George. :D