Ch. 61 - First Day of Spring

georgesgeorges Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
edited March 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, almost. Was the 20th the last day of Winter or the First day of Spring? In the midwest, after an unseasonably dry winter, we had several inches of snow on the first day of Spring. I've printed this at 12x18. It's going to the framer on Monday.

I've left that sprinkler out in the yard for two winters, waiting for the right amount of snow and the right light. I can finally put it in the garage.

I think it fit's the criteria for challenge 61. Did I correctly interpret the rules or do you think there's too much subtle color in the snow?

61509111-L.jpg

date taken: 2006-03-20 09:10:46 date digitized: 2006-03-20 09:10:46 date modified: 2006-03-25 22:11:13 make: PENTAX Corporation model: PENTAX *ist D size: 3600px x 2400px file size: 1.22 MB aperture: f/4.0 iso: 200 focal length: 45mm (67mm 35mm) exposure time: 0.002s (1/500) flash: flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode exposure program: aperture priority exposure bias: 1.5 exposure mode: 1 subject distance range: 2 sensing method: one-chip color sensor colorspace: sRGB
See you later, gs

http://georgesphotos.net

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    There is nothing like late season snow falls to make spring all the more welcome when it arrives!! I personally don't think that there is too much subtle color in the snow, but the monitor I am using at the moment is no the most reliable. I personally think that there is too much bright yellow for the photo to impress one initially as being b&w, but that is only my opinion and I think others would differ. Good luck in the challenge!

Virginia

Email