Coastal IR

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited March 28, 2006 in Holy Macro
I was in California last week, but according to Steve (and Harry, and Gubbs, and...) I bring crummy weather everywhere :humungus so the light wasn't great but I did get off about five shots with my new IR mod. Still waiting for better light and better subjects but I do like the way the camera responds. I'm so in love with the absolute sharpness of the CZ21 in IR that I just fired off a note to Maxmax about getting a 5D done up :uhoh

Canon Rebel IR mod, with CZ21 f/2.8 on board @ f/8, 1/500th sec
61558677-L-1.jpg

Canon Rebel IR mod, with CZ21 f/2.8 on board @ f/8, 1/100th sec
61437504-L-3.jpg

Enjoy (infrared) photography,

Comments

• MelanieMelanie Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 26, 2006
    Nice shots Andy. I just took delivery a couple of days ago of the same IR mod camera (maxmax). Very few green leaves here, but soon!
  • polartownjunkiepolartownjunkie Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    those birds are awesome
    since the origin of matter is matter
    shiny new thoughts are recycled clatter

down to my cell phone shooter,
    anyone have a decent early SD card digtal for grabs?

a doomed love
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    Our weather clouded up again yesterday, Andy....did you come back???? :D Nice shots! I think the clouds came out really awesome. This is perhaps a little "understated" for IR without much light, but it sure gives it some atmosphere!!! Sometimes our beaches can be so boring with all that sunshine and 80 degree weather like we had on Thursday....just sucks, you know? Keep the shots comin'. clap.gif
  • SecondHandSecondHand Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    I'mrolleyes1.gif about your luck with the weather, but I'm :jawdrop at yer photo's. Very cool Andy. thumb.gif
    Jim www.secondhand.smugmug.com
    Canon 20D Kit w/ 18-55mm
    Canon 75-300mm
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    that 1st one is sweet andythumb.gif

drop me a PM if you decide to rid yourself of the Rebel mod and get a 5D mod.... i might be interestedmwink.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I was in California last week, but according to Steve (and Harry, and Gubbs, and...) I bring crummy weather everywhere gerg.gif so the light wasn't great but I did get off about five shots with my new IR mod. Still waiting for better light and better subjects but I do like the way the camera responds. I'm so in love with the absolute sharpness of the CZ21 in IR that I just fired off a note to Maxmax about getting a 5D done up :uhoh

Canon Rebel IR mod, with CZ21 f/2.8 on board @ f/8, 1/500th sec

Canon Rebel IR mod, with CZ21 f/2.8 on board @ f/8, 1/100th sec

Enjoy (infrared) photography,

Ohhhhhhhh......... so we in trouble weather wise in May ??? eek7.gif
    You gonna bring this camera along for us to see Mr Williams :D
    I really enjoy your IR Shots your responsible for many people taking it up.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    Molsondog wrote:
    Can someone shed some light (sorry) on what the difference/advantage is between these two companies?

Never heard of or dealt with Lifepixel. I can tell you though, that Maxmax is run by Dan Llewellyn, a super guy, really smart, and he does all sorts of secret stuff for the government, stuff that only David_S85 knows about.

They do a quality job. Even on Nikons lol3.gif
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited March 26, 2006
    Count me as another satisfied maxmax customer thumb.gif

Just got mine last week.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    Great IR shots
    As it should be clap.gif.
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 27, 2006
    kewl I like the flying bird in the first shot. Kind of looks like a fighter jet.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    Great as usual Andy loved them
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2006
    nice ones
    haven seen a post from you in a while andy-i particularly like the second one-the black sand(volcanic) really works well as a contrasting element agisnat the surf and clouds and gives a really strong leading line to the horizon-i like it
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2006
    gtc wrote:
    the black sand

wave.gif Hi gtc,

That's actually a river, of sea water, that runs along this beach, I so dig how IR turns water black, eh? Thanks for the kind words!
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited March 28, 2006
    Andy,

Two posted out of five shots taken? Dang, I like those statistics!

The first makes good use of contrasting elements, the dark bird against the light clouds works well as does the circular beach element in the rectilinear frame, with the high-contrast wedge jutting out to lead our eye back to the scene, it just works.

The second is more classic "Andy" with bold lines and deep contrast that make a definite statement and demand attention.

I'm not saying these are your best work, but there's no need to make apologies. I likee.

Thanks,

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums