Re-editting

Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
edited March 26, 2006 in Sports
Hello,

It's been awhile since I have shot any indoor action. I don't have any sports connections at the moment, so I've contented myself by reworking some older images.

I really enjoyed that link that Sid posted a week or two ago. Those ESPN shots were soooooo much tighter than anything I had tried. While post processing these pics, I tried to crop quite a bit tighter than the original framing.

I also tried to adjust the exposure. skintones, contrast, and color temp as well as I was able. I still have problems when the faces are turned up towards the lights :scratch I realize the BGs aren't great and that some of the shots could have been cropped even tighter. Please let me know what you think I could have done to improve the images (cropping suggestions welcome too :-). Other than not quitting my day job.......LOL

61610718-L.jpg

61610724-L.jpg

61612289-L.jpg

61610741-L.jpg

61610721-L.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to view and respond :D

Steve
SmugMug Support Hero

Comments

• Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    ok, I'll bite:D

1st off, you got some great action and facial expressions! But I think I would crop some more in some of the pictures. For example, in #3, I think you could crop up to player 32 and not lose anything, but gain a tighter perspective on the action; same for #5, lose the opponent just standing there.

In #1, there are two things, one is fixable, and one maybe not: 1) level the pic so it doesn't look like he's shooting down a hill and 2) can you add back more of the opponent? I would at least try to keep all of his head in the shot.

The color looks pretty good on my (uncalibrated) monitor, except for #3 - it still looks a bit yellow.

cheers,

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)