Gallery Stats Could (should?) Be Improved

coach-alcoach-al Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited March 26, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi all,

I think I suggested this a while back but haven't seen anything on it in a long time. When you click on "More Details" next to "photos viewed" in your control panel you are brought to a page of all your galleries. On it are charts that show how many hits each gallery is getting. This has some value but not a lot, especially if you have hundreds of galleries like I do.

What I would like to see:

1. Sorting.
2. Statistics based on the size of the gallery. For example - if I've got a gallery with 30 pictures that has had 1000 hits and a gallery with 1000 pictures that has 1000 hits, which is better? They look the same on the page because you don't know how many pictures are in the gallery. Like I said this only becomes an issue when you have a lot of galleries.

It doesn't seem like this would be too difficult a change. Make sense?

Thanks, Al

Comments

• peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    Have you looked at this thread?
  • georgesgeorges Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    On stats
    I have to strongly agree on the sorting.

Everytime I add or move a gallery, the stats change to match the galleries. While I'm sure this is convenient for some folks, it's a significant inconvenience for me.

I would prefer that the stats were always in the same order. It would work best for me if that was the order in which the galleries were created. I'd also like the newest on top.

That being said, I'm sure others would like to see it other ways. So, the need for sorting.

And as long as they are in there doing that, give me the ability to extract the stats to a spreadsheet.

I will now carefully step down from my soap box.

gs
    See you later, gs

http://georgesphotos.net
  • coach-alcoach-al Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    Have you looked at this thread?

Just read it. I already use Statcounter. It's very useful for my websites before my users get to Smugmug but I don't find it very useful once they get to Smugmug. I have hundreds of galleries and over 40000 photos uploaded.

Thanks anyway, Al
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    Hey Al,

wave.gif nice to see you again. May I suggest that you look at Nik's program, www.starexplorer.com ?

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it.