Airsoft

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited March 30, 2006 in Sports
I was not sure which category to post this in (People? Field and Street? Nature and Wildlife?), and finally decided to go for Sports.
As many of you probably know, airsoft is a warlike game. It's akin to paintball, but instead of paint-filled balls the projectiles are some osrt of the BBs, or pellets. They are small and lite enough to not cause any major harm if hired from distance and if everybody is weraing goggles and other protective gear (you can still experience some bruising, tough:-)

Helen, my youngest, recently got into this sort of recreational activity. For whatever reason the high-school guys accepted her, a middle-schooler, into their company. And they even allowed me, her dad, to come and shoot their game. So I did:-). Here are a few shots from today:

#1:
61677315-L.jpg

#2:
61674339-L.jpg

#3:
61676357-L.jpg

#4:
61674688-L.jpg

#5:
61675694-L.jpg

Canon 20D + 100-400L, ISO 800 or 1600, Av mode.

Enjoy shooting the shooters!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    One & four are my favs. I love the 'attitude' of Helen the first, I also love the fact that her uniform is five sizes too big!!rolleyes1.gif . On a more serious point, I like the diagonal lines of the composition.

Are the bb's filled with paint? How do the oppo's know when you've been hit? (apart from the blood & screaming):D .

Nikolai wrote:
    #1:
    61677315-L.jpg

Canon 20D + 100-400L, ISO 800 or 1600, Av mode.

Enjoy shooting the shooters!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    Adrian,
    adrian_k wrote:
    One & four are my favs. I love the 'attitude' of Helen the first, I also love the fact that her uniform is five sizes too big!!rolleyes1.gif . On a more serious point, I like the diagonal lines of the composition.

Are the bb's filled with paint? How do the oppo's know when you've been hit? (apart from the blood & screaming):D .

Thanks, man!

Of course her fatigues are big for her - they're mine:-):):

No, bbs are just plain bbs. It's a very friendly game, so if you're shot, you just call yourself out..

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Looks like fun, but it's kind of scary to think how real those guns look. SO, BECAREFUL OUT THERE!
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    ahhh i love airsoft wars.:D i myself own 2 glocks that shoot 300 feet per second, and an AR15....*M16* and it shoots 405fps. they put a mean sting on ya.mwink.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    The depth of field in the individual shot looks great. Nice series Nikolai!!!!!
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
    edited March 29, 2006
    Jeffro,
    Jeffro wrote:
    Looks like fun, but it's kind of scary to think how real those guns look. SO, BECAREFUL OUT THERE!

Thanks, I will:-)
    I was wearing a very bright tyedie T-shirt and tried to stay in the open clear out of the line of fire.:-)
    Cheers!1drink.gif
    edited March 29, 2006
    Daniel,
    DanielB wrote:
    ahhh i love airsoft wars.:D i myself own 2 glocks that shoot 300 feet per second, and an AR15....*M16* and it shoots 405fps. they put a mean sting on ya.mwink.gif
    Well, I guess if you happen to be in the viscinity, bring your iron, let me know, and we'll have a nice airsoft party for you:-)
    edited March 29, 2006
    Thank you!
    The depth of field in the individual shot looks great. Nice series Nikolai!!!!!

Most of those were taken at f/400 or so at a distance of 100 ft or more.. Hence the nice DOF:-)

Glad you like them:-)
    Cheers!1drink.gif
  • blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2006
    Great shots, I love playing airsoft, we used airsoft when training for SWAT, its cheaper then Simunitons (about $1 a round) and it adds up quickly.

I need to get into playing it alot more.
    edited March 30, 2006
    Thanks!
    Great shots, I love playing airsoft, we used airsoft when training for SWAT, its cheaper then Simunitons (about $1 a round) and it adds up quickly.

I need to get into playing it alot more.

Well, come out and play with us:-)

Cheers!1drink.gif