Grand kids and Nikon CLS

DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
edited March 29, 2006 in People
For my birthday, Grandma got me 3 sb800's. This is my first attempt using the master/remote configuration. The girls are visiting for spring break, so I have hostage subjects. Lots to learn here, never shot "studio" type lighting.

Deacon

61700235-L.jpg

61700273-L.jpg

61700288-L.jpg

61700309-L.jpg

61700346-L.jpg

61700371-L.jpg

61700387-L.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    Triple threat! Nice pictures of very nice looking young ladies. I really like:
    • #1. Looks almost unposed - very natural expression - love the smile
    • Last three - how do you pick. These show three different aspects of the young lady's personallity. Very nicely done. The only thing I might change is in the one with the chair back - she is leaning on it so heavily that it is distorting her shoulder a bit.
    Very nice work with your new toys!!
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Very nice for your first timethumb.gif

My only suggestion would be to move your models away from the background more so that you don't get their shadow.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Pretty good, especially for the first time. I wish I had a grandma like that....soooooo jealous! I have the AB800's on my wish list! Let us see how you improve. :D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D