tried to capture sunlight rays.....

Micah WeberMicah Weber Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited March 29, 2006 in Holy Macro
raylight.jpg
Portfolio: www.micahweber.com | Nikon Shooter. D50 |18-55mm | 55-200mm || S3

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    and i'd say you did!clap.gif sweet photo. it reminds me of a calm library for some reason.....
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• JamokeJamoke Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    I've got to ask - is that a whole lot of dust or some other cool method? What was the exif?
    Mine: Canon 20D, 50 f1.8 II, 28-105 II, 70-200 f2.8L, T 70-300 Macro, T 2X expander, 12-24 Sigma
    Hers: Sony SR10, (Soon Canon 5D MKII), 85 f1.8, 28-135 USM, Stroboframe, Manfrotto NeoTec
    Ours: Pair of 580 EX, Lensbaby, Studio Alien Bees, Son & TWO Daughters
  • Micah WeberMicah Weber Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    might be dust.., although the room is kept very clean, just some days, around 11AM or so, u see it walking by. F /3.5 1/30 exposure time, focal length 19mm
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited March 27, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    and i'd say you did!clap.gif sweet photo. it reminds me of a calm library for some reason.....

15524779-Ti.gif

Micah, you have a great attitude about photography. You take the mundane and make it special with a treatment or feature. I think this photo has a little too much "busy"-ness and distraction to work perfectly, but the angle of view helps immensely. The room is definitely not "cluttered", but just needs to be simplified a bit to work much better. This is all very much IMHO.

Thanks,

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    Great jobthumb.gif I could see this as an add for the table and chairs in a magazine.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • rsi1986rsi1986 Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2006
    Job Well donethumb.gif
    Stimulating the economy one lens at a time. :super
    Robert A. www.imaginglifestyle.com

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    yeah you captured the sunlight really well. there must be a lot of dust particles around because the light is really apparent! you might be able to make it more apparent by using a neutral density filter in conjunction with a longer exposure and blowing more air around the room to scatter the particles in the air more. still its very cool! thumb.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Very Nice Micah

Your producing some beautiful work :D and this shot is yet another beautiful one thumb.gif ........tell me something can you actually see the rays like that with your eye? or is there some special technique used here ???

Keep up the Great Work clap.gifclap.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    cool weldone your captured it iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited March 29, 2006
    Congrats on a super shot. I think you captured the lighting and mood of the room perfectly.

This picture made me want to view your personal gallery, which I attempted. However, evidently you have some sort of flash-driven site which doesn't display on my browser. I use Mozilla with Flashbock; however, even if I enable flash for your site, it still does not work. Pity.

-joel
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gifthumb.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Micah WeberMicah Weber Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    skippy - yes u can see it with ur eye...

kdog - u are clicking on the category names right ? nothing will show once u get to the gallery until you click an album nam, a pity for sure, i dont know how i could fix that...