REQUEST: 5D RAW file

MarkM6MarkM6 Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited March 27, 2006 in Cameras
Hi,
May I have the 18% Gray raw file shot with a Canon 5D? I want to try setting the custom WB and see if the indoor low light photography can capture better details with ISO800.

If you think that my understanding of the custom WB is wrong, please do correct...

Thanks!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    MarkM6 wrote:
    Hi,
    May I have the 18% Gray raw file shot with a Canon 5D? I want to try setting the custom WB and see if the indoor low light photography can capture better details with ISO800.

If you think that my understanding of the custom WB is wrong, please do correct...

Thanks!

Better than what ear.gif
  • MarkM6MarkM6 Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    Okay...
    Andy wrote:
    Better than what ear.gif

Than the 3200K and 4000K of the Tungsten and White fluorescent light WB respectively.

headscratch.gif Are those new generations of tungsten light bulbs throw a curve ball on the "Tungsten" setting?

Again, I am not sure if my concern is a correct understanding of this white balance....umph.gif
    edited March 27, 2006
    MarkM6 wrote:
    Than the 3200K and 4000K of the Tungsten and White fluorescent light WB respectively.

headscratch.gif Are those new generations of tungsten light bulbs throw a curve ball on the "Tungsten" setting?

Again, I am not sure if my concern is a correct understanding of this white balance....umph.gif

You'll always get better white balance, setting the eyedropper, when shooting RAW, than what the camera can do itself.

http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2005/12/03/learning-to-fish-part-1/
  • MarkM6MarkM6 Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    Woooooooooooooo
    Andy wrote:
    You'll always get better white balance, setting the eyedropper, when shooting RAW, than what the camera can do itself.

http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2005/12/03/learning-to-fish-part-1/

THAT is one quick reply! Thank you Andy...

2nd Edit: I will go to the Sparks Steak House next time I am in NYC.... saw your post while searching for the 24-105L recalls. All that meat in one plate for 1 person?
    edited March 27, 2006
    MarkM6 wrote:
    THAT is one quick reply! Thank you Andy...

2nd Edit: I will go to the Sparks Steak House next time I am in NYC.... saw your post while searching for the 24-105L recalls. All that meat in one plate for 1 person?

:nah that was a T-Bone for Two, from Uncle Jack's (near B&H). Patch29 joined me that day. Sparks, is another story - went there (no piccies) with Dgrinner 4Labs. Excellent steak, too :D