Challenge 61 Any good? Suggestions?

StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
edited March 29, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
61879567-L.jpg61875667-L.jpg
Dana
** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
no birds sang there except those that sang best.
~Henry Van Dyke

Comments

• StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2006
    No comments? No suggestions?

Maybe I should have titled my post Playboy Bunny to get some response.

I really would like to hear what you have to say about my studio bunny and how I could improve it.
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • juliejulesjuliejules Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2006

I really would like to hear what you have to say about my studio bunny and how I could improve it.

Ok, well I always feel like I'm too inexperienced to comment, as in "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." But since you insist.

I like the bunny, but I think the picture is too dark. There's not enough contrast between the bunny's ears and the background.
    --juliejules
    http://www.juliejules.com
    Canon 70D, Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS, Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon Ext 1.4x II, SpeedLite 430EX
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited March 28, 2006

I think it fits the challenge perfectly. I agree about the lack of contrast between the bunny and the background. Could you re-shoot against something gray?

Cheers,
    edited March 28, 2006
    Great! Thank you both.

Playing with my new flash..... The pictures started out with no definition between the bunny and that black background. If I'd get the separation, then I'd get the white on the bunny blown out and loose all fur detail. I've been adjusting and reshooting and learning tons. Good suggestion to change the background material color. Another thing you two got me to thinking about is trying to shoot this during the day when my background has more ambient light. hmmmmmmmmm I love these challenges for just this reason. It's get you to think and experiment. Who cares if you win or not. (would be nice though)
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2006
    Great! Thank you both.

Playing with my new flash..... The pictures started out with no definition between the bunny and that black background. If I'd get the separation, then I'd get the white on the bunny blown out and loose all fur detail. I've been adjusting and reshooting and learning tons. Good suggestion to change the background material color. Another thing you two got me to thinking about is trying to shoot this during the day when my background has more ambient light. hmmmmmmmmm I love these challenges for just this reason. It's get you to think and experiment. Who cares if you win or not. (would be nice though)

Great attitude. That's what it's all about. :D
    I think the grey background sounds good. thumb.gif Poor bunny. He must be tired of all this.:cry
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited March 28, 2006
    snapapple wrote:
    Great attitude. That's what it's all about. :D
    I think the grey background sounds good. thumb.gif Poor bunny. He must be tired of all this.:cry

Aww snapapple, I don't think the bunny is suffering. My time for these kind of things is limited to after the little one goes to bed, so I don't get to practice much. I think the bunny is happy to just be out of his cage and not be molested by a 4 year old. :D
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • MTagMTag Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Instead of a different background, could you try bouncing from the right side to highlight the ears and throw a larger catchlight in Bugsies eyes?(Sorry for the name...I'm sure if I had a bunny my four year old would call it Bugsy or Roger or something like that! :D
  • MTagMTag Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    I have to tell you...I never knew bunnies had lips...:D