How can I keyword my whole gallery?

bowieknifebowieknife Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited March 28, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I know you can use Bulk Keywords to Caption/keyword every individual picture in a gallery, but when I log out and search by that keyword it only pulls up the individual pictures by that keyword not the gallery itself. When I go to customize Gallery and enter keywords there, it doesn't save them. When I click update and close out then go back into Customize Gallery the keywords are gone! What am I doing wrong??

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2006
    bowieknife wrote:
    I know you can use Bulk Keywords to Caption/keyword every individual picture in a gallery, but when I log out and search by that keyword it only pulls up the individual pictures by that keyword not the gallery itself. When I go to customize Gallery and enter keywords there, it doesn't save them. When I click update and close out then go back into Customize Gallery the keywords are gone! What am I doing wrong??

Gallery Tools>Customize Gallery>Gallery Keywords

Do not use " " marks. Just put in the keywords go help your gallery be found better. Gallery keywords assist in finding your gallery via SmugMug Search but the effect on Google and other external search engines is unknown. Gallery keywords are NOT a substiute for photo keywords.

wave.gif welcome to Dgrin, nice to see you :D I hope this helps...
  • bowieknifebowieknife Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 28, 2006
    Great - Thanks so much! I think it was the quotation marks that was causing the problem. I've already keyworded all the pictures, but I wanted it to come up under galleries when you enter the keyword rather than just the individual photos.
    Thanks again...glad to be here.
    edited March 28, 2006
    Hmmmm....it still isn't finding it as a gallery when I search Smugmug by that keyword. This may be a dumb questions but is it a matter of time...as in it only updates once a day or something?
    edited March 28, 2006
    bowieknife wrote:
    Hmmmm....it still isn't finding it as a gallery when I search Smugmug by that keyword. This may be a dumb questions but is it a matter of time...as in it only updates once a day or something?

Gallery Link?
    edited March 28, 2006
    Thanks again, I am rather new at this and not very tech saavy.
    https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1305852

I'm trying to get it to pop up under galleries when one enters "Couples Negril" (name of our resort) from the smugmug homepage under search. Instead of popping up mine, it comes up with someone else's honeymoon gallery (from the same resort)...which is fine but I'd like mine to pop up too!:):
    edited March 28, 2006
    bowieknife wrote:
    Thanks again, I am rather new at this and not very tech saavy.
    https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1305852

I'm trying to get it to pop up under galleries when one enters "Couples Negril" (name of our resort) from the smugmug homepage under search. Instead of popping up mine, it comes up with someone else's honeymoon gallery (from the same resort)...which is fine but I'd like mine to pop up too!:):

I guess give it some time. It should work! Thanks for the link, I need a beach right about now mwink.gif
    edited March 28, 2006
    Ok - will do! Yes, I could use a pina colada and a beach rather than the gloomy rain we're having now!