Ch: 61, help me choose

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited March 30, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have narrowed down my Ch 61 options. Ginger suggested I post the survivors and see if I can get some opinions to help me see them as others do.

#1: Climbing for First Tracks in The Castle

60982223-L.jpg

#2: First Tracks

60933581-L.jpg

#3: Last Run

61236377-L.jpg

All of these received my usual post processing for snow shots, but nothing special to desaturate. In fact I probably brought out a little more overall color than they originally had, but that's just what I do to get the snow and skiers both to look right to me. And there was some straightening and cropping. Hope that's OK.
If not now, when?

Comments

• ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    #1: Climbing for First Tracks in The Castle, but as I stated before try to do some left crop becouse I think that the upper/left corner is not right.thumb.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    ultravox wrote:
    #1: Climbing for First Tracks in The Castle, but as I stated before try to do some left crop becouse I think that the upper/left corner is not right.thumb.gif

I wonder what everyone else, or anyone else, would think as if that were cropped you would lose the place ahead of the climbers, and they do need space. Don't they? Plus, I like that other white area coming down on my left, if leads into the photo, I think it is helpful. But that is just me and my thoughts.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Maybe you can dim the background (without touching the color) so it would "naturally" desaturate more and become more bw? I like the whole composition very much!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    I think all three are really great and any one would be perfect for the challenge. I remain partial to #2, but recognize that I am in the minority. I think I would like #3 the best if the small dark spots in the snow (I'm not sure what they are - rocks? some sort of plant life?) were removed. That said, #1 has a different kind of drama to it which draws in the viewer so I understand its appeal. I think you should enter #1.

Virginia

Email
  • MTagMTag Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    My preference
    I think 2 looks great. Since you are capturing the skiier traveling over some edge...I wonder if a slightly tighter crop with less land would emphasize the effect?? Just a thought...
  • Cliff PhotoCliff Photo Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Personally, I like #1, but it doesn't feel BW to me. My vote is for #2!

Nikon shooter: D200, Tokina 12-24, 17-55 2.8, 70-200 VR 2.8, 50 1.4 :click
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    I am liking #2 more and more myself, and Virginia is usually pretty much on as to her opinions.

Just a thought.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 29, 2006
    rutt

definitely #1-

can you select and tweak on the color item?-is that allowed?-

it would really bring it out-

also, I believe you can afford some cropping-

good luck-
    george
  • MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    I like the second shot best.
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2006
    I really like #1 for the comp. , but #2 is also very, very nice and I think suits the challenge better.