Lighting and colour question!

nicolecesnicoleces Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited March 29, 2006 in People
Hey,

I'm just learning to explore the goodness that are these forums, this is my first real post, i'm wondering if some people can help me out a little bit. It would be oh so fantastic, I tell you.

I'm setting up a shoot with a girlfriend of mine, and I started to explore lighting and colour balances with my camera (I'm so used to shooting film, so this is like an absolute kid-with-a-brand-new-toy type of experience for me, all this colour balance choosing). You'll have to ignore the actual subject and 'poses' of the photo, I haphazardly stuck myself into the shots to see how they would turn out. Also, since taking these, i've set up another spotlight to get rid of those silly shadows. My question is this:

Are these *too* overexposed and contrasted? I haven't photoshopped anything, and all of these were done with spotlighting, use of a flash, and a relatively long exposure. I want them to be relatively pale and high contrast, but I'm worried this will be a little bit too much. Too pink, to much light, to everrrrrything.

Silly questions, hey? Apparently, I just can't seem to decide. Thanks anyone who can offer an opinion!

62038001-M.jpg
62037997-M.jpg62037993-M.jpg

Comments

• HeldDownHeldDown Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Yes, they are drastically overexposed.
    I would recommend proper exposures you can push later if you want the "blown" look; if you want to keep data you didn't think about, and you blew your exposure, it's gone for good.

What are you shooting on? What are your goals here? Etc.
    imageNATION
    SEEING THE WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT...
    http://www.imag-e-nation.net