Belmont Park 10-12-04 Night

Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
edited October 14, 2004 in Holy Macro
So last night I went to Belmont Park and got some more photos. I ended up taking 183 pictures and there's not much at Belmont...It was basically trying different shutter speeds and aperatures. Since I have so many in my album, I'll just post some of the better ones here. All of these photos are un-photoshopped.

9784215-L.jpg
Here's Chaos...I really liked how this one turned out.

9784221-L.jpg

This is their new attraction called "Wave House". It looks very fun, but I wouldn't want to embarass myself in front of all those people! You can see a very faint image of the person on it.

9785245-L.jpg

Pretty much the same picture as the one in the earlier topic, but a lot of the station lights were burned out. :cry

9785270-L.jpg

Here's a picture of one of the horses on the Carousel.

9785488-L.jpg

And for the last one that I will put up here, this is the building you go to to buy tickets. It's also a shop and has an old (original) car from the train before they were replaced. There's a cool model of the coaster and a lot of historical info about the coaster.

Here's the link to all of the photos. I even have the bad shots and the ones I experimented with. There's also a picture of the slow motion roller blader. The guy is hilarious and he actually looks like he's roller blading in show motion! There's also a picture of my dinner at Fatburger (last page) just for fun.:thumb
http://redbull.smugmug.com/gallery/250136
-Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.

Comments

• FreeUpsFreeUps Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2004
    Hehe nice shots there bull. I like chaos myself too. The carousel is pretty cool too. What settings did you find that you were most comfortable with under these conditions?

And what exactly goes down in Wave house??
    No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter
  • LBGLBG Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2004
    I like # 1
    I really like #1.
    9784215-L.jpg
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2004
    FreeUps wrote:
    Hehe nice shots there bull. I like chaos myself too. The carousel is pretty cool too. What settings did you find that you were most comfortable with under these conditions?

And what exactly goes down in Wave house??
    I didn't really have a set setting for the shots, but I would usually use a shutter speed of about 2.5 - 4 seconds and I used pretty much all the aperature settings. I just experimented and played around until I was happy with my result.

As for the wave house, you stand on a board, similar to a wakeboard but smaller and no foot clips. It basically simulates riding a wave without actually going into the ocean. They have things similar to this at water parks, but water parks have body boards that you ride.
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2004
    Chaos
    Great work Red Bull!

My favs are chaos and the horse on the carousel.

clap.gifclap.gif

The colour is amazing in chaos, the neon lights really make this photo stand out from the others.

Happy

9784215-L.jpg

9785270-L.jpg
    :roflhappily snapping