Options

Help please

wheelee2004wheelee2004 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited March 31, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I e-mailed smugmug with a few questions that I had and really didn't get a clear response and wanted to see if anyone would offer any suggestions to me. I also will attch the e-mail that I sent along with the response. ( I thought it was a vague response to a potential customer ) just my .02

Thanks,

Lee

Hi,

I have been trying to decide what to do with my current website and have been playing around with the idea of getting a pro account with smugmug. Which leads me to my first question, I love the look and feel that smugmug offers but I don’t need the photo storage ( have plenty of server room ) I was curious if smugmug ever considered selling their software to people with needs like mine. Second question ….. when did the pro price go up ? I guess I procrastinated long enough for the price to go up from $99 to $149. Keep up the great work !

Thanks for your help,

Lee

Hi Lee,
Thanks for contacting Smugmug. we do not sale any software but you are welcome to sign up for an account and use our site. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Jacob

Jacob,
Your response really didn't answer my questions. Can you please answer them ?
Thanks,
Lee

Hi Nolen,
Smugmug just provides the server space we do not sale any software. The prices went up in January 2006.
-Jacob

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2006
    I e-mailed smugmug with a few questions that I had and really didn't get a clear response and wanted to see if anyone would offer any suggestions to me. I also will attch the e-mail that I sent along with the response. ( I thought it was a vague response to a potential customer ) just my .02

Thanks,

Lee

wave.gif welcome to Dgrin, Lee

We announced our intention to raise prices in April of 2005 and then raised the prices in January of 2006, after a heads-up notice to all SmugMug customers via messaging in the control panel.

We don't sell or licence our site software for use anywhere.

If you like, you an ask your specific questions here, and I will get as detailed as you wish. thumb.gif

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    wheelee2004wheelee2004 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 31, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif welcome to Dgrin, Lee

We announced our [url=http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=10506intention to raise prices[/url] in April of 2005 and then raised the prices in January of 2006, after a heads-up notice to all SmugMug customers via messaging in the control panel.

We don't sell or licence our site software for use anywhere.

If you like, you an ask your specific questions here, and I will get as detailed as you wish. thumb.gif

I hope this helps!

Andy,

Thank you for your response. You are truely a great asset to smugmug, and you are one of the main reasons for me looking at smugmug for service. clap.gif

Curious what people do that have their own website and want to keep that web address but want your service and don't require all that the pro account offers. ( I am not a photographer )

Have you guys considered maybe making an option to use your own web address to all of the accounts. Maybe making it an ala carte option?

Thanks,

Lee
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2006
    Andy,

Thank you for your response. You are truely a great asset to smugmug, and you are one of the main reasons for me looking at smugmug for service. clap.gif

Curious what people do that have their own website and want to keep that web address but want your service and don't require all that the pro account offers. ( I am not a photographer )

Have you guys considered maybe making an option to use your own web address to all of the accounts. Maybe making it an ala carte option?

Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee,

Many thanks for the kind words.

Folks do this now, by linking to their SmugMug galleries from their websites.

We have the custom domain as a pro feature. It's not likely to be offered to the other levels, I'm sorry - wish I had a better answer for you!

All the best,