30D RAW support?

jimfjimf Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
edited April 3, 2006 in Finishing School
Anyone have any rumors on when any RAW processor will support the 30D? Aperture, ACR, CaptureOne ... at this point I don't care which since all of them are a lot better than the crappy Canon software.

I know there's an ACR hack; if I get desperate enough I'll try that. But it really shouldn't take the vendors that long to update their software, it's practically the same as the 20D.

Maybe I'll get lucky and the Aperture update next month will have it (HA!).
jim frost
jimf@frostbytes.com

Comments

• jimfjimf Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2006
    CaptureOne works now
    To answer my own question, CaptureOne 3.7.4rc1 has what they call "preliminary" 30D support. I haven't exactly stressed it but it seems to work fine. Even with all its faults CaptureOne still beats the heck out of the Canon software.

I tried hacking the 20D entry in the Raw.plist in Apple's ImageIO framework, which I'm told sometimes works, but no luck there.

jim
    jim frost
    jimf@frostbytes.com
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2006
    Check this, plz
    jimf wrote:
    Anyone have any rumors on when any RAW processor will support the 30D? Aperture, ACR, CaptureOne ... at this point I don't care which since all of them are a lot better than the crappy Canon software.

I know there's an ACR hack; if I get desperate enough I'll try that. But it really shouldn't take the vendors that long to update their software, it's practically the same as the 20D.

Maybe I'll get lucky and the Aperture update next month will have it (HA!).

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=31004

Hack works, but I'm really waiting for ACR update...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • jimfjimf Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    Another update: MacOS X's 10.4.6 update, which became available today, adds 30D RAW support to ImageIO and, therefore, to Aperture.

So right now the only expensive software package I have that doesn't support the 30D is Photoshop, and there's a known-good hack for that if I really need it.
    jim frost
    jimf@frostbytes.com