got a little suprise in the mail today

docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
edited March 31, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I placed an order this weekend of some prints from SM. I was sitting with the customer reviewing the photos last night to decide what photos we would order enlargements of. That is when I noticed the 4X6 envelopes the photos came in.

In the lower right corner in purple lettering is "YAHOO photos" argh.... I tell people to use SM all the time after explaining how much better the service is. Then I find a competitive service advertised on the envelopes.

Luckily this customer was my mom. She could care less and was wondering why I was shaking my head and grumbling. It is no big deal for me and I doubt most would really notice. But, I figured I would let you guys know. I figure that the printer ran out of other envelopes and shipped in the YAHOO ones instead of waiting on a resupply.

They really need some generic envelopes if custom SM ones are not used. I was suprised as my last order only had SM logos on the inserts.
SmugMug Support Hero
http://help.smugmug.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2006
    docwalker wrote:

They really need some generic envelopes if custom SM ones are not used. I was suprised as my last order only had SM logos on the inserts.

Doc, I'm terribly sorry this happened. Man that's just awful. I will be on the phone to EZPrints immediately about this.

By way of making it up to you, I want this order to be ON US - please email help@smugmug.com ATTN Andy and give me the order number, thanks. I'll issue you a refund.
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 31, 2006
    Good grief Andy... I don't want a refund. I am very happy with the pictures and it did no harm to me. I just wanted you guys to be aware of it.

I know that EZPrints is a subcontractor to you guys and you really cannot control everything they do.

I appreciate the offer, but seriously keep the money. I would rather you put it towards the upgrades we have requested. Besides, it was moms credit card we used anyway. And she is VERY happy with the print quality.

She is creating a collage of my photos for a wall at her house. She plans to rotate the photos out as I take them. The photos that rotate out are going to a collage at her office where she works as a receptionist. So I get free advertisement out of it. We were using most of the 4X6's as proofs to decide which enlargements she wanted made.

Like I said she had no clue. She only figured it out after I reacted.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited March 31, 2006
    docwalker wrote:
    Good grief Andy... I don't want a refund. I am very happy with the pictures and it did no harm to me. I just wanted you guys to be aware of it.

I know that EZPrints is a subcontractor to you guys and you really cannot control everything they do.

I appreciate the offer, but seriously keep the money. I would rather you put it towards the upgrades we have requested. Besides, it was moms credit card we used anyway. And she is VERY happy with the print quality.

She is creating a collage of my photos for a wall at her house. She plans to rotate the photos out as I take them. The photos that rotate out are going to a collage at her office where she works as a receptionist. So I get free advertisement out of it. We were using most of the 4X6's as proofs to decide which enlargements she wanted made.

Like I said she had no clue. She only figured it out after I reacted.

No refund, eh? OK. Thanks. Still, it's a problem and we have to fix it. Many thanks for reporting.
  • flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2006
    mmmm
    I remember an older thread on DGrin about the same thing. It has happened before...
    tsk tsk tsk EZPrints, not nice :D
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    No refund, eh? OK. Thanks. Still, it's a problem and we have to fix it. Many thanks for reporting.

Hey, if there's any money lying around, I'll take it! :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited March 31, 2006
    Doc,

Can I have the # inside of a circle, stamped, which is inside the wallet holding the 4x6s.

Or maybe there was a slip in the wallet with a circled number.
    Or sometimes it's on the outer shipping envelope -

Please let me know.
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 31, 2006
    Oh no... inspector number 63 is gonna get it.... 11doh.gif

Andy, the number 63 inside a circle is on the inside flap of one of the envelopes.

Be gentle with them. Accidents happen. We just need to make sure that it does not happen again.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited March 31, 2006
    docwalker wrote:
    Oh no... inspector number 63 is gonna get it.... 11doh.gif

Andy, the number 63 inside a circle is on the inside flap of one of the envelopes.

Be gentle with them. Accidents happen. We just need to make sure that it does not happen again.

Thanks Doc.
    Yes, accidents to happen. But EZP needs the number to know where the accidents are happening so they can correct it - thanks again!